Jetting

Bman007

Jan 25, 2004
Hello

I have a 03 220 and have read many threads that the bike comes rich so when the air box mod is complete it shouldn't need to be re-jetted. My question is.... is there any threads that show diagrams of re-jetting a carb for a 03 220? If so please send it my way. Pics i find help alot. I'm slow like that...hahaha

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I discovered the jets in my '03 were way off. I replaced them with the propper, 145 main and 42 pilot, and it made a night and day diffrence. All of that time before I was chaing ghosts thinking my bike had the propper stock jets in it, and I was wrong.

john_bilbrey

Mar 22, 2003
General consensus is 42 pilot (stock on MOST) 145 main and stock needle in the 2nd clip with airbox mod. Other than that it's trial and error. I wore the screws out on my '03 220 trying to jet it. However, that's because I didn't really know what to look for or how to analyze performance. Once you do it a couple of times, though, you will get to where you can do it yourself. The most important thing to remeber is to make one change at a time.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…