Jetting

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
My bike (RM 250) needs to be leaned out, i know because i get Spooge out of the pipe and my plug although i havent fouled one yet is always wet and oily, to take the carb. off do i need to remove the rear portion of the bike? (Air box and seat frame). it seems like a real hassel. is there an easier way to take out the carb?

Feb 12, 2004
I dont know what year your bike is but mine is a 99 and it does take some work to get the carb off. Loosen the clamps on both sides and take the back out first. The rubber should bend enough for you to get it out. It is easiest to do during warmer temperatures because the rubber is more flexible.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
I have a 96 rm250 and when ever i pull the carb i take the seat off, take out the bolts holding the gas tank on and lift it off, this will give you a lot of room to work with so you should be able to just loosen up the clamps, pull the slide out and take the carb out and it takes about 2min

ZR2

Jun 24, 2003
loosen both clamps front and back, take the carburator and there will be enough room to turn it side ways and loosen the jet bolt, and pull out main jet with 8mm driver.

reelrazor

Jun 22, 2004
ZR2 has it down. Why pull it to jet? You may have to slack the throttle cable but that way you can take some jets to wherever you ride and dial it in quickly, without the engine cooling off in between. Take a few clean plugs with you.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
What kind of bike do you have? All the bikes next to your name are 4-strokes........ Shouldn't have a spooge problem with them.

Bojne

May 15, 2004
I ride a 98 cr125 and when i want the carburator out, I just take out the throttle and then rip it out.. It doesn´t sit that hard on my bike.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
ZR2 said:
loosen both clamps front and back, take the carburator and there will be enough room to turn it side ways and loosen the jet bolt, and pull out main jet with 8mm driver.

This works to change the main jet, but every RM i have owned you can't get to the pilot this way. If you want to mess with just the main then this is the easiest way unless you can get to the pilot this way also go the same route

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…