Job Opportunity

Recruitment # 1-3-335-OC MO
Job Class: 67220
Open to the Public

OUTDOOR GRANTS MANAGER

$3549 - 4540 per month (range 56)

Opens: August 20, 2003
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on: September 10, 2003

There is one current opening in Olympia with the Office of the Interagency Committee for Outdoor Recreation. This register will be used to fill vacancies as they occur in Olympia (34.1).

DUTIES

In the Recreation Section of the Project Services Division, the Outdoor Grants Manager (OGM) reviews, analyzes, and evaluates grant applications for funding outdoor recreation and habitat conservation projects submitted by nonprofit organizations, and federal, state, local, and tribal governments, and subsequently manages approved projects. The OGM provides training and technical assistance to grant applicants; assists in developing program policies; monitors compliance; and makes recommendations to the Board on requests for funding and other related issues. Consistent consultation and communication with applicants/sponsors is critical for effective management of multiple projects and grant programs.

WHO MAY APPLY

This recruitment is open to anyone who meets the minimum requirements.

REQUIREMENTS

A Bachelor’s degree in public administration, parks and recreation management, landscape architecture, fish or wildlife management, watershed planning, engineering, geography, land use planning, forestry, natural resource management, environmental studies or related fields and three years of professional experience in the acquisition, development, or management of recreation, habitat, or conservation lands and resources.

OR

A Master's degree in one of the above fields will substitute for one year of experience.

Additional qualifying experience will substitute year for year for education.

DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS

Desirable candidates will also have hands-on experience with acquisition, development, and management of outdoor recreation and habitat lands.

SPECIAL NOTES

Due to the development of a new examination, all candidates currently on the register must reapply and take the new exam. Old scores may not be used.

This position requires frequent overnight travel.

HOW TO APPLY

Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. to the Department of Personnel. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, resume, and Washington State job application. Applicants are also asked to provide a written statement (not to exceed two pages) that describes how you meet the minimum requirements and desirable qualifications for this position and details your experience in the following areas:

Acquiring land and/or facilities for community/public use (e.g. parks, habitat, trails, aquatic/marine facilities)

Developing land and/or facilities for parks, recreation, and/or habitat purposes.

Operating or maintaining property for parks, recreation, and/or habitat purposes.

Send all application materials to the following address:

Department of Personnel
Applications Unit
600 South Franklin Street
PO Box 47561
Olympia, Washington 98504-7561

EXAM

The examination is an evaluation of your education, experience and training and is based solely on the qualifying information you report on your application form.

Be sure to provide clear, detailed information about your job-related education and experience as this is the information that will be scored.

We will mail your score to you, but we cannot tell you your ranking on the list of job applicants. Additional information will not be accepted after the closing date of this announcement.

Keep a copy of your application.
You may be asked to provide it if contacted for an interview.

This announcement is published by the Washington State Department of Personnel. The State of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance in the application or testing process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 664-1960 or Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (360) 664-6211. For questions about this recruitment call (360) 664-6260.

Tahuya Rat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 11, 2002
Well, I am in the market for a job as of last monday, think they would substitute an Associates in Motorcycle Technology for their Bachelor's in Pencil Pushing, High Speed BB Stacking and Underwater Basket Weaving ?

They'll probably get someone who hasn't seen the light of day outside a university in 20 years :moon: .

Can't wait for our first dose of "Consistent consultation and communication with applicants/sponsors".

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Would they not fill the position if they don't get an applicant with the right "qualifications"?

Remember, you are dealing with highly trained State human resources professionals here. I bet my dog Clyde could get the job. Well if they give points for ESL... ;)

Last edited:

WA-Rider

Apr 15, 2003
Isn't that the truth! After 4 years of active duty and a year and a half of government work I can definently tell you that if they don't find someone with the right qualifications after a few try's, Mace's dog will get the position.

Tahuya Rat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 11, 2002
Oh sure what the heck, just direct me where to send in my resume and maybe a mail order ESL class - better take both versions just to play it safe - ;)

ARE WE GONNA HAVE SOME RAIN THIS WEEKEND!?

Went fishing @ Westport yesterday, we got a small king & silver, but some of the fish out there are getting HUGE waiting for the rain to hit before they move upriver. Saw some of the biggest silvers I've ever seen, 18-20 lbs, and there's still some kings around, bizarre for Sept. Everything I saw was still very bright too, fwiw.

Tahuya Rat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 11, 2002
Is tomorrow or Sunday the day for Taneum. Jeff said something about it but I forget. I'm in no hurry to ride anywhere w/o some rain, and we're supposed to get some showers on sunday.

pat567

Oct 26, 2002
it was today,conditions wern't terrible.

dave and craig/jeff/tory,cody and i was there.

we took a 30 mile VERY TECHNICAL trail.

craig(being all of 9yrs old)is a super hero.this trail was tough for all of us and he rode it like a champ.WAY TO GO TOUGH GUY

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
I wonder how many xr 70's ridden by 9 yr olds have been up to Windy Ridge and down the lightning peak trail? Gnarly stuff given the conditions. Protective gear? Worth every cent! after I straighten out the carnage the xr is getting a skid plate and brake snake.

I told him it will just get easier from here. ;) I considered getting him a larger bike at the begining of the summer but it looks like the advice to keep him on it till his next growth spurt was sound.

He's not much worse for wear! He was playing football before and after dinner. He'll be a bit sore tomorrow til he gets warmed up. The restorative power of root beer milkshakes are not to be underestimated.

A thanks to Pat and Jeff for the help! :cool: I hope Tory and Cody got enough riding in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom