Little_John

Jun 1, 2004
I was told about this site by a couple of guys from the Joplin, MO area while visiting a track in Baxter Springs, KS. Unfortunately I've not run into them since. So, if you guys are still around and still riding, I'd love to hook up with you and go riding, maybe become a part of the local DRN chapter.

Thanks,
Little_John
:eek:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i've raced at baxter springs a couple of times.

post in the heartland spodes forum. we're mostly from oklahoma, arkansas and kansas. we always welcome new riders into our group.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Hey Little_John, I'm in you'r area. I've been wanting to go down and try out Playground MX in Carthage, and Sugar Creek. Any idea what either of those are like? I've usually have been riding at Spring Valley MX, (since I know the owner and have been helping him get him try to get him up and running) I only live about 5 miles from Chadwick but I haven't been down there in probably 3 years, go figure.

Little_John

Jun 1, 2004
Playground MX held practice and a race this weekend. From what I understand they aren't open that often. I'm told it's the Holy Grail of MX tracks around here.

Don't know anything about Sugar Creek.

Since you haven't been to Chadwick, where do you normally ride? There's a nice little chat here in Joplin where a few of us ride.

Do you ride Mark Twain National forest? Do they allow MX bikes? Is it a nice area to ride?

Little_John

Wraith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Well, when I say Chadwick I'm talking about the trails in Mark Twain Forest. And yes, they allow bikes. You can ride there all day long and not go on the same trail twice. I use to go down there about 2-3 times a week. I just haven't been down there since 02' since I got my new ride. I didn't set it up for woods (set it up for MX), Chadwick is alot of ledgerock/hills/off cambers/ruts/boulders/stumps you know, the good stuff :)

Noramlly I find myself going out to Spring Valley MX near Springfield.
http://www.springvalleymx.com/pages/1/index.htm

Every now and then we will go out to Radical Robs Raceway in Halfway Mo., or out to Buffalo MX. Havn't been to Radical Robs raceway since he put in the new outdoor style track though, but it is said to be pretty decent, he still has the SX style track there as well.

The chat you are talking about, is that the one I hear about that is the
"Outlaw Run" :ride: Or is that a different one that I have heard of?

Little_John

Jun 1, 2004
The chat you are talking about, is that the one I hear about that is the
"Outlaw Run" :ride: Or is that a different one that I have heard of?

I've not heard of "Outlaw Run", but if I had to guess I'd say that would be Snowball. Snowball used to be an off-road riding area, jeeps, trucks, bikes etc. Since they lost their insurance they've quit allowing folks to ride. Well, not all of us got that memo. I'm told if the cops catch you out there that they'll confiscate your bike. Long story short...I'd run. Since I'm new to this area I could be completely wrong, but it sounds good.

To answer the question...I DO NOT ride Snowball. I love my bike and I don't feel like running from cops.

Little_John

Wraith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Was Snowball (man how did they come up with that name) the place with all the mine shafts or "surgarbowls" as I've heard them called. Where there would be holes the shapes of funnels, and you better keep your speed up to get out, that is, if you even dared tryed going in. But this was way back in the 70s, so this might not even be the same place, but it was somewhere around Joplin?

Little_John

Jun 1, 2004
I've got no idea where they got that name from. I should have asked the guy that ran the place when I had the chance... :bang:

Most of the chats are like that, with the exception of the funnels(I've never seen those). You've got to keep your speed up or you're through. I've eaten plenty of chat especially when I first started riding out here. I'm getting much better at dealing with it, but it's mostly sand...you know how sand is. Plus I ride a 125cc so it's really important to stay on the pipe.

Little_John

T311

Jan 20, 2005
Near Joplin

I'm from Pittsburg, KS and go to Baxter Springs a lot. As soon as it warms up email me and we'll meet up. For this area Carthage is the nicest track around. Unfortunately it's not open very much. Practice days are held on Saturdays before the race on Sunday. If you get a chance go, you won't regret it. Sugar Creek is also a good track. This weekend they are starting a Winter Series and have rebuilt the track to a more supercross style. If you guys get time, take a look at my website. I've started a non-profit organization to introduce young kids into motorcycles and motocross. This spring we will be having a couple of sessions at local tracks given by local pros.

Thanks
Trevor
dirtfaceracing

Dec 31, 2004
stl rider

hey im a rider from st.louis and i go 2 st. joe by desoto and if any body wants to meet up down there we could or i have a place near ofallon missouri that we also can ride
:joke:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sawblade is in Bentonville. He rides some of the tracks you have mentioned.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
T311 said:
I'm from Pittsburg, KS and go to Baxter Springs a lot. Trevor dirtfaceracing

I guess I need to check this forum out a little more often. You and I met last Saturday at Racers Edge. I'm the guy who had the new RMZ 450. Anyway, it was good to met you. I'll be at Racers Edge again on Saturday. Lets hope it is a little more warmer.

Tim

Challenger

Feb 1, 2008
Challenger Park

I would like to invite every one to Challenger Park MX TT. We are holding the Neosho Power Sport spring series with over $5000.00 in coupons, gift cards and swag. call me at 479-381-5198 for more info.

Challenger

Feb 1, 2008
Timber Run

What do you know about Timber Run MX? I know it's not running. How did it do when it was up and running: rider turn out, and so on?

Challenger

Feb 1, 2008
Great we will see you in four weeks :cool: Our first race is March 1st. We mite hand out $1000.00 in free stuff on the first race. I love free stuff :nod:

68b_body

Jan 24, 2008
im from joplin i just got my bike a week ago. been wanting to try it out, but too cold out.
so snowball is illegal now? i still know alot of people who go out there with bikes, 4 wheelers, jeeps trucks, ect. and cops hasn't been busting anyone.

Challenger

Feb 1, 2008
Cpmx

red rider 397 said:
I ride out at Challenger Park, its a great track, lots of fun to ride on and the people are great. I would definatly reccomend going riding there.

Joplin Powersports just gave us $500.00 in riding gear to hand out to you, our racers. Thanks Erick!!
Neosho Powersports also gave us $1,000.00 in gift cards ($20-$250).
I'm not done yet!
Destination Powersports, our newest sponsor, gave us $1,000.00 in gift cards too ($20-$250).
Moose has sent us $1,500.00 in riding gear, banners and posters.
No other track can touch us!! We are the only track in a 100 mile area that can do this!!! Which track is working for you the racer? We could sell spots on the our website for money, but I would rather give it to you and keep you racing. To think, some tracks are having races and not even giving out a trophy. Someone is padding their pockets with your $$$$ and you go home with empty pockets and nothing to show for it. When was the last time you left a track with a $20 or $50 or a $100 gift card? If you have, you must of raced with us last year. I will see you this Spring on the starting gate.

Randy

Nothing but fun!!!!

Top Bottom