sml8591

Feb 5, 2005
This is great. I was hoping there was something that could be done to address the JR50 being geared too high for trailriding. Vic--if you would be so kind as to email me the diagram/details, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. Please send it to slong at barley dt com

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
You guys really should subscribe, then you could see the attachments.

This info alone is worth the price.

JR50GearboxMod.jpg

twizz

Jul 4, 2005
can i get this mod info

my son tried to climb some hills this weekend and ended up pushing it up more than riding. he got a good run too so he needs more power to climb those hills. can anyone send me the pics so I can see if I can do this. I don't want to break his bike he would kill me. my email is twizz78@earthlink.net. you guys are great. this is the best site.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Are you not able to see any images?

XRIowa

Dec 8, 2004
Thanks Vic you helped everyone out!! What a guy!! Anyway I did the mod took me about 3-4 days because I painted the whole frame and motor. I also replaced all the hokey phillips head screws with allans head bolts the bike looks new now and the 1st gear is nice!!
I did a little research and the LT 50 and JR 50 motor are both single speed I believe. The motor was originally used in a 2 speed scooter sold in europe. Maybe I am right maybe not.

smackhq

Mar 1, 2006
2nd (1st) gear problems

Hey Guys,

I know this an old dated post but I think its very useful but I have a problem with this mod.

I opened case up and got to shifting area and proceeded to grind the linkage down as indicated by everyone. Looked just like the other side when I was finished. The problem is that it wont shift up and clearly feels like something is in the way of that operation. I dont think anyone mentioned cracking the entire case, just the left side so I kind of at a lost and bummed out.

So my question for everyone that has done this mod is what did I miss or was there a step removed from all these posts?
My bike is a 98' if that matters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Firespeed

Nov 4, 2007
Bringing the thread back from the dead!
So I've embarked on the quest for low gear and have found it but I am having diffculty getting the kickstarter put back together correctly. Is there anyone out there who can let me know what the secret is to getting the spring preloaded correctly to make this happen? It looks the same in the before and after pictures to me but when I put it all together the kick-starter does not return on it's own. It's my first time opening up a gear-case so I took lots of pictures ...
I tried to post them but a spam killer took me out! I'd realy appreciate anyone who could help me out.

Cheers,

Firespeed

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
superdave144 said:
Could I possibly get the link from somebody that shows how to enable the 2nd gear? Is the second gear higher or lower?

Read this thread from beginning to end. This is the most information you're likely to find on the subject, anywhere.

Mr. Kevo

Jun 1, 2008
Interested!

Yes I just bought a '03 Jr 50 and am very interested in this mod. I bought it to turn into a little stunt bike to mess around on when im bored. It needs way more torque for me to stunt and this mod seems easy and WAY worth it. Could someone please email pics or a diagram to me? Thankyou so much and you guys on this thread are what i've been seaching for! Awsome info and i'll post pics of the stunt bike when im done. I have pegs, 12 bar and big bar kit for it. :ride:

Kevo
Flexplorer97@aol(.)com

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
flyrod said:
hi VIC JUST REVERTED TO THIS THREAD,HAVING PROBLEMS WITH GEAR JUMPING TO NEUTRAL AND SAW THIS MOD ANY CHANCE OF YOU SENDING ME THE DETAIL
rudlingr@health-worx.co.za

I have nothing more than I've already posted in this thread.

Top Bottom