Sakuraba

Jul 15, 2007
I just bought a 2000 jr50 for my daughter. It ran fine but needed a little TLC. It was leaking oil around the bottom of the head, so I replaced the gasket and put new rings in. Put it back together, started it up, let it warm up, then rode it around the yard. When I pulled back in the garage it died. Now I can't get it to run. It has spark, fuel and compression, but doesn't even act like it wants to start. I've had the carb out and cleaned everything. Air filter is good appears to have some fuel blowback in it. The plug is pretty saturated after trying to kick it. Is it something to do with the timing?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
You might have a leaking crank seal- allowing transmission oil into the crankcase.

I'd start with trying a new plug, though. They can spark when you test them, but still not produce enough to start the engine.

You could try celaning the old plug with WD-40 and blowing it dry with compressed air, if you can't get a new one right away.

Sakuraba

Jul 15, 2007
Vic said:
You might have a leaking crank seal- allowing transmission oil into the crankcase.

I'd start with trying a new plug, though. They can spark when you test them, but still not produce enough to start the engine.

You could try celaning the old plug with WD-40 and blowing it dry with compressed air, if you can't get a new one right away.

I have 4 plugs for it. The origional one that was in it, I replaced it when I bought the bike, and I just bought 2 new ones. After having this problem, I let the bike sit for a week. I decided I was going to try and fix it again Friday. I pulled the carb and cleaned it, put it back on and the bike started. Had to feather the throttle to keep it running, once it got warm, it wouldn't start after that. Bike ran almost perfect before I replaced the rings and gaskets.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom