ksmyth

Jul 30, 2006
Is there a FAQ out there of the JR50? I just bought my son a 2003 and realized it is way too small for him. He is 9. But that is ok, we have a 7 and 4 year old that can accept the hand me down. But, i would like to understand all the adjustments available. I have an old manual, but some stuff has changed since the manual was printed. Here is what i know about...
- Moved the rear shocks to allow for a taller ride
- Spacers are available at the dealer i hear for dropping the forks down an inch or so.
- there may be a throttle restriction. there may be washers between the head and the exhause pipe or the carb and the filter
- first gear can be "activated" with a small amount of work
- can the seat be adjusted up like the older models?
- is there anything else i can do for this bike?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You really aren't going to make a 9 year happy on that bike...

ksmyth

Jul 30, 2006
I know, just trying to make the best of it until his birthday in a month when i get him a 65 or something bigger.

ksmyth

Jul 30, 2006
Absolutely! I dont want to do anything aftermarket, just want to take advantage of everything it has to offer that i dont know about.

ksmyth

Jul 30, 2006
i have, but think that would be a better bike for the 12 and 14 year old. my 9 yr old is kinda of a nut already (hence starting him on the jr 50). he would kill himself on the cr85 ;-)

Top Bottom