JR80 Suspension - Can it be adjusted?

yz250flash

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2003
I posted this in the suspension forum a couple of days ago but haven't gotten any replies so I thought I would try this one.

My nephew got a new JR80 for Christmas and this weekend was his first weekend on real woods trails. The bike was bouncing him all over the place.

He is only about 60 lbs. and the suspension is stiff for him. We tried adjusting the rear suspension with the little racheting bolt but even with it turned all the way out it was still too stiff.

Can you buy aftermarket springs for these. I looked at Racetech but found nothing. How about the front forks...can they be soften in any way?

Moderators...sorry for the double post but I thought I may get more help here. Please delete my other post in the suspension forum if necessary.

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
for the front suspension look at the bottom of the forks, you may see a bolt or allen screw in it. if you take this out it will drain the fork fluid. you can then buy oil that is a less weight than stock so that the suspension is softer, i'm not sure if this is on your bike but its worth a look. not sure on how your rear suspension is. hope this helped , good luck! :clue:

Top Bottom