MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Well, my friends piston exploded in him bike because his antifreeze wasn't anti lol. Piston expanded caught exhaust port. . .bam! :bang: Any ways the bore is fine thankfully head has a tinyyyy gouge in it though but should b fine. To the point, the jug is seized to the cases! how in the world would you go about getting this off? Today we heated it, knocked it around with a rubber mallet, use some penetrating oil, cut around the seal with a razor blade, some more shaking hitting and vigorous pulling its still on there good :moon:. Any Ideas? I should be over there again tomorrow night. Thanks guys!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I'd say keep doing what you're doing. It'll come off.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Dunno if this will help or not, but one time i had a jet ski motor that injested some salt water in it.. The customer sank his ski at teh beach.. I uhad too use heat and candle wax too penetrate between the piston and cyl.. Hope this helps you out,
Rick

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
It isn't the piston stuck, thats free the jug its self will not pull up off of the studs.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I agree, keep tapping at it with that rubber mallet at an upward angle. Sometimes those base gaskets will hold really, really tight.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
2001 cr125 w/ a few race mods don't see what that really has to do with it tho?

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
The other thing I meant to mention was that sometimes those sleeves in the water jackets and the alignment pins will corrode from your coolant and make it difficult to remove the cylinder.

Top Bottom