homey

Aug 7, 2001
Sounds good. You know what to look for. Also, the race in a couple weeks has a full 45 min. practice session which should help out!

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
I think that Homey, Bundy and I are going out to race the SRA Grand Prix at Carlsbad this weekend as a little warmup for the Tankslappers race. If anyone is interested caome out and join us. I will be there around 7am.

This is the schedule for the JUNE 23rd race NOT the July 21st race
$12 Gate fee per person
$35 Entry Fee
6:30 am Gates Open
8:00-8:30 am Practice All Morning Racers
8:45 am Race Sen, Sup Sen, Women
9:45 am Race Vet Nv, Vet Bg
10:45 am Race Vet Ex, Vet Am, 4-Stroke
12:00-12:30 pm Practice All Afternoon Racers
12:45 pm Race Team Race
1:45 pm Race 80, 200
2:45 pm Race 250, Open
Practice and Race Times subject to change on race day.

Last edited:

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Ok Boy's and Girls we are getting close. Here is the plan....

I will be out there when the gates open (around 6:30am) so I can get a sweet spot for the trailer. I also will have an easy up for us to hang out under. Bring your own chairs. If anyone else has an easy up bring it out. Scar was nice enough to make a BIG DRN banner so I will hang it on the trailer so we will be easy to find. I will be out there all day due to my race being in the afternoon so come out and join us.

Dez

homey

Aug 7, 2001
Sorry guy's, I think I'm out on this one. My friend will not be racing with me, and I don't know if I can hold out for an hour of braking bumps and acceleration bumps! Don't get me wrong, the course was a blast and it is well worth the trip out there to compete with your buddies, but I ain't got no buddies to race with this time (I'm in the under 25 crowd!)! Good luck to you guy's though!

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Blah, blah, blah, I have no buddies to race with, blah, blah, blah, I'm under 25.........whatever homey. Aren't we your buddies? Just come on out and ride or at least just hang out and meet the rest of the Crew. I'm riding by myself in the 125 B class and this is my first GP. Come on homey.... you can do it!

Rex - I'll be there about 7am, see ya then.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by homey
I don't know if I can hold out for an hour of braking bumps and acceleration bumps!
The 250's are the fist to race.

250's.................8:00am
Open & 125's.....9:30
Seniors & SS.....11:00
Quads...............12:30
Veterans............2:00
4Strk & vintage...3:30

homey

Aug 7, 2001
Yes, I know...I would like to meet the rest of you guy's but probably not this time. I'm trying to buy a truck right now so I don't have to borrow a truck to get out to the races anymore. I don't want to make a bunch of excuses but I don't think I'll go this time.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
I think the rest of us are in the oldies but goodies Vet class.

I've got new tires on order and am planning a bike teardown for maintenance tonight. Whooo Hoooo...

Arival times:
D_R - 6:30 am
Thumbs - 7 ish
SCAR - ?
Bundy - ?

Last edited:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I went out and got a new rear tire on Sunday (bridgestone m602) and plan on doing the teardown tonight or tomorrow. Ditto on the Whoo Hooo

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I figured I'd just keep running on the near slick I have for the Drag strip portion :aj:

I was planning on arriving around 9:30 to catch thumbs race. Since I've never been there before do you think I'll have a problem getting in by you guys? I didn't really want to sit out there at 6am and not race until 2. especially since I'm bringing the family. Anyone know what the parking situation is like?

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Parking should not be a problem. I am going to park closer to the entrance so just look for the trailer with the DRN Banner on it.

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Tony,

Just exit off the 5 at Palomar Airport Road, go east about 5 miles.
The track will be on the left, down in a valley, but highly vissable from the road. Go past the track and take the next left, go past the shopping center and then go left on the road that runs behind the shopping center. This will dead end at the gate.

bundy

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Bundy - When do you plan on getting there. Caravan? I have some friends that might go as well. I'm trying to talk one of them into racing.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by thumbs
Directions please.

Once the flag drops just follow the ribbons/banners, the course is pretty well marked! :uh:

Oh you meant how do you get to the track. :moon:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
For those of you who have 520's, etc (I can't remember who that is just now ;) ) remember that you have to stop (or at least slow down) at the end of the drag strip. On my first try at a Carlsbad GP, some guy on a "geared to the moon" KX250 came flying buy me on the pavement. Problem is, he couldn't stop and went 100 feet off the end of the strip. The race is still won in the corners, even at CB. :)

The last forecast for Carlsbad was a mere 68 F for Sunday, making this race a great choice for this time of year. Hope you guys have a blast, but I better stop now before I talk myself into it...... :)

Oh yeah - Thumbs, Scar and any other Enduro Addicts - if you see a small cluster of people near the edge of the track, this is not a check, so do not stop. :)

Last edited:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I plan on taking a dirt nap on the first lap to end the suffering early :uh:

Good tip on stopping/ slowing at he end of the drag strip.

Close your eyes and use the force usually works for me. :moon:

Top Bottom