Feb 20, 2004
well im building a jump and need to figure out how high and long to build the jump. the jump is at the top of a hill and then there is another smaller hill that i plan on landing on. Where i plan on putting the jump it is about 100 feet between the to hills and i was wondering in anyone knows the forumula for finding out how high and long to build the jump and at what speed i have to be going to clear it. i want to jump at more of a flat trajectory and not and such a high arc so i can land with out a landing ramp. im thinking the hill might just be enough to get the job done but i am not sure. any help will be appreciated.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
There is a spell checker ...

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Can you make it as a tabletop and work your way up to jumping it? I would start off with a flatter takeoff and increase the steepness if necessary. You wouldn't want to make it steep and get thrown too high.

Have you done 100' jumps before? That can be a looonnnngg way. Monster Mountain in Alabama used to have a 90' tabletop with a very small, takeoff that only put you a few feet off the ground to clear it in top gear. The landing was also a very gentle slop so you could land at 90' or at 120+' and it was a soft landing.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I'm with Gomer. Have you ever jumped 100' before? That is a long way! Especially without seeing someone else do it first.

If you want a flatter arc, you are going to need less angle on the takeoff and more speed.
Remember that crashing 4th-5th gear pinned is not a pretty sight. I would be very cautious if I were you.

Feb 20, 2004
iv never done 100 feet befor iv done 75 +

what i find nice about this place is that from where the jump is to where i plan on landing it is in a larg feild and basicly the top of one hill rolls into the other so i can jump farther and farther till i reach the 100 foot mark i also have lots of space to reach the jump and land the jump. so basicly long and flat. so work my way up ? but i was looking for a basic starting point ? how wide should i make it

Top Bottom