YZr1der

Aug 17, 2001
i was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on jumping my TT-R125... i have some nice landing space so i don't have to worry about my suspension bottoming, but i can barely ever make it to the landing. will someone help me please???:think:

Last edited:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
start small. don't try to go big right out of the box. Keep you body in a neutral position over the engine( don't lean to far up or back). Hold the throttle up the face of the jump or until the back wheel leaves the jump. If you let off to early you will nose dive. If the front end won't come up you can pull on the bars as you leave the jump, but if you throttle off the jump you should have no problems. Start small and as you feel comfortable with the trasition from ground to air and back you can work on more advanced skills. Just my to .02 cents on the matter.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I have to agree with scoob here.
I think that the advise Dan gave you is quite correct, but only if your bike has the umph to do it. I think with that ttr125 you are going to have to rely more on momentum than brute power off the jump face. Even if you are on the throttle at the release, you better have enough momentum on that little bike or you will continue to come up short. Your arc and positioning may well be fine, but you need alot of run to make a bike that isn't really a jumper, jump correctly(or as far as you need it to). I realise that there have been a few here that think the ttr125 is the bike from heaven, but <coff> I think you would be better off with another bike if you are jumping. You may be fine with that bike, but if I were you...I'd keep pulling back on the bars until I was sure the bike was making the crest of the next hill. A correct postion and arc are bad things when landing short on a double. (ouch) the word "T-bone" comes to mind. :p

YZr1der

Aug 17, 2001
i've been trying to sell my ttr for the last few weeks, i plan on getting a yz soon... but for now i have to jump the ttr.

thanks for the help

YZr1der

Aug 17, 2001
look at the air i get with my ttr...
it's hard to take a digital picture of a normal picture with a not so good webcam....

me_jump.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom