vietnow

Jun 7, 2009
I need help, I went to jump on semilone,Fl and I only been riding for a month mx bikes I use to do road race. It was my 3rd time there at the track and there was a tall jump so I accelerated on 3rd gear and did the jump when I landed I did not fell but right when I landed I got a big pain on my mid back and could not breathe, I then waited a little like 10min and I was breathing ok but having a lot of pain on that place right now. What could I have done wrong? What does it make that happen and what can I do please help.

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
vietnow said:
I need help, I went to jump on semilone,Fl and I only been riding for a month mx bikes I use to do road race. It was my 3rd time there at the track and there was a tall jump so I accelerated on 3rd gear and did the jump when I landed I did not fell but right when I landed I got a big pain on my mid back and could not breathe, I then waited a little like 10min and I was breathing ok but having a lot of pain on that place right now. What could I have done wrong? What does it make that happen and what can I do please help.

Are you standing up when hitting the jump and landing?

If so my only guess would be you need to adjust the suspension for your weight :think:

vietnow

Jun 7, 2009
The bike is setup for my buddy, hes a little heavier then me. Now I think I went to high and when I landed it was straight , was not going down hill. All I know is when I hit the ground I felt a big back pain on mid back.

I was standing up when I jumped.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Like Joe said, get to the doctor. This is a great place to get technical help for your bike but a terrible place to get medical advice.

One thing I do know is that you really don't want to mess up your back, they never heal properly.

Rod

vietnow

Jun 7, 2009
yeah the question most was not about my back, was about the jump usually when you jump if you hit on a flat surface by over jumping or other ways you fell how can that affect your back? how can you eliminate jumping and forcing your back.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
vietnow said:
yeah the question most was not about my back, was about the jump usually when you jump if you hit on a flat surface by over jumping or other ways you fell how can that affect your back? how can you eliminate jumping and forcing your back.

Don't jump. :nener:

You might want to get to the gym and do some back strengthening excersises. The muscles help support the spine.

What are you riding and how is the suspension set up? Yo need to give us some more info. Are you a heavier or smaller guy? Stock springs?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Avoid landing flat is the best choice. If you happen to overjump make sure you are landing with the throttle open, it will help stiffen the back end instead of landing like a sack falling out of the sky. Also make sure you are riding on the balls of your feet and using your legs as extra suspension as you land.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Get the suspension set for you..... Then, lots of practice. I would not be hitting no 3rd gear jumps till a few months of practicing. You really need to work up to it a little slower at least. And, get your back checked. Pinched nerves and bulging discs are a REAL bummer!

ToddHawaii

Apr 3, 2000
It sounds like you through out a rib - nothing serious. It could happen to anyone, even someone with muscular development. I'm a personal trainer of 21 years...geez, that's a long time. But, as mentioned earlier, you need to strengthen the upper and lower Rhomboids to encase your spine, if you plan on jumping.

Hope this helps : )

Top Bottom