Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
I was at my friends today, and we did some jumping. We have the same bike, which is a 2001 CR250. I don't know what the difference is, but on two jumps in particular, I would always go front end high. What causes someone to do this? If you are in attack position and giving the bike gas off the jump, is it the suspension thats causing it? I couldn't seem to get level like my friend, just front end high or too low. On other jumps, I was fine.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
http://www.motosports-boise.com/rmd/sel_posts.htm

Basically, if you gas it until the very end, the front will come up and you will have to compensate. If you let off the throttle just before you launch, the front will go down and you will have to compensate. Understand the fundamentals and practise, practise, practise.

Suspension can play a part in this,so feel free to experiment. Watch out for speeding up that rear rebound, it can send you over the bars.

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
I think I figured out what the problem is. I was gassing the bike to the very end, which made teh front come up. Today I rode again, and got teh front end in the right spot or close to it almost every time. Thanks for that link, Anssi, it helped a lot.

Top Bottom