suzuk!_ch!k

Feb 28, 2007
i have a 1979 suzuki RM80. i wanna start jumping with it..but am afraid i will biff it bad. ;) so i was wondering how fast i should be going to go off of jumps and when i come to a jump..do i accelerate or just coast over?..should i pull up on the bars a bit?....wat if i go off of a jump and nosedive or fly off backwards lol...if anyone could give me some pointers thatd be aweosme :)

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Double posting=bad. Ask only once, we will find it. A mod will be along shortly to delete one of them (probably this one since it should be in the technique forum).

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Stay on the gas steady. Hold the bike with your knees and start small, if the bike does start to nose dive, get on the gas hard, if the front end goes straight up, tap on the rear brake.. Remember to start small.. Have fun :)

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Table tops are a good place to start, since it doesn't matter if you come up short. Will give you the feel of how much gas to keep your front end up with out BIG penalties if you don't. Like rickyd said, don't chop the throttle when you leave the front lip of the jump, which is a natural thing to do....stay steady, start small.
-SusanP.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Like said start small and slow and with jumps that don't kick you up. Kind of like a 30 degree lift off? Keep your body position centered or maybe a little to the rear, depends on you and your bike, on this type of jump. It is best if you are with someone who knows what to do because nothing we can type will be close to seeing someone do it. Just remember small and slow, work your way up. And wear every piece of protective equipment that you have or can get.

kateryna511

Apr 2, 2007
Watch someone else do it. Dont be stiff, stand up centered on the bike. Bend your knees. Just feel the bike. I hold the cluth in sometimes if i dont want to accelerate after i have landed (like if i need to turn around really fast) and holding it in is safe starting out because if you get freaked out and accidentally give it too much gas and go out of control. i dont know, jumping at first seemed to me like it takes a lot of skill and you have to do so many things, but you just have to feel it. After a few times it's really fun and not as scary.

fit04

Apr 9, 2007
I am also starting to jump a little. I am probably going off 5 inches off the ground but thats still fun for me. Before doing it on purpose.. I did a lot of "accidental" jumps which scared the crap out of me. Slowly I am getting the hang of it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom