Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Ok.. there is this little (steep) jump in my front yard that i made when i got my KE100.. i can jump it great.. (about 3ft in the air and about 6-8ft out..) But i gut the KX250 and i cant do it.. At first i always nose dived.. but not its flying level.. but my feet keep coming off the pegs.. which sucks!! (Twice i had to land on the seat with my knees...)

I tried what my uncle said (he jumped it HIGH! and it was perfect!) and that was to go to first then second, and then hold it where the powerban kicks in.. then hit the throttle at the bottom of the jump and let off when you leave the ground.. Well that left me running behind my bike.. (and it wend like 20ft by itself before it fell!!) But i cant seem to do that rite..

Whats the trick? like preloading and stuff.. What should i be doing with the throttle? where should my body be?

I mean once or twice i have had a good jump or so.. but mostley its nose down or feet off the pegs...

can someone with some more experience help me?

And...i will post a pic of the jump soon..

Race_Bennett

Jul 23, 2007
hmm odd that you cant jump it when i usualy hit a jump on my 250 i stand up holding the handlebars, pretty much straight up. are u sitting down?You need to stand up. Ive never heard of it taking off with out you lol

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Sounds like your jump needs some modification. If the transition is real short, you will probly never get it to work. I just hold it steady in the mid/top, standing weight centered if the jump isn't too steep. If it's steep like yours, you will need to shift your weight to the rear. Grip the tank with your knees to keep your feet near the pegs. You can use your body to make afjustments in the air, as well as the gas or brake. Just keep hitting it, but pay attention to exactly what happens when you do cartain things. Your bikes suspension may be at fault for some of your issues as well. Good luck! :cool:

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Yeah.. i know its odd.. But it really sucks.. lol

yeah, my rear shock is blown out.. but i cant find that parts to fix it.. nor do i have $1000 to replace it... BUT my uncle (rode 250's for years, and a KTM400 2-stroke) was doin wheelies, and jumping it almost perfect every time...

but i cant.. unno.. when i get more gall ill be out there agian..

anyway.. here is a pic of my jump

Im thinking its to small to accuratually jump it.. but i dont want to get a bigger table top or something and they just **** myself up!

DSC01061.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
going nose heavy off a jump usualy means you chopped the trottle off the lip, but since your shock is saked out it could simply mean that the rear end bucks because there is no dampening of the shock so the spring just pushes the back wheel out.

I would either fix the shock or stop trying to hit the jump

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
Moparman1539 said:
like i already said, i cant find a rebuilt kit for the bike..

and my uncle CAN jump it perfectually...

If you cant find a rebuild kit and cant spend the money to replace it then the answer is simple, dont jump it.

So what if your uncle can jump it perfectly? you cant. Learning how to jump on a bike that is clapped out will just teach you the wrong way to jump and probably get you well acquainted with the staff at the local ER.

Top Bottom