Apr 24, 2004
Jumps !?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Hey i got my CRF450R like 3 months ago and i moved up from a 125. i was at a MX track in laurel indiana and i went off a jump but i tok a nose dive tearing up my arms and legs nothing broken but i was practacing my jumping. well i can jump if i have a landing but on this jump its a ramp but there is not landing area its like a jump then the ground so........ i really want to know what would be the best way to go about jumps without my nose comming down ????????

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
The four strokes have a lot of engine braking, so don't let off the gas. It will cause you to nose dive. If this wasn't the case, then maybe your front wheel was off of the jump before your back wheel was on it. This will cause your rear shock to rebound and throw your front end down. In this case, pull up on the bars when your back wheel hits the ramp.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The best way to correct the flight of a bike is to put it in the air properly. For your case, it sounds like you need more power applied all the way through the takeoff. In general, the harder you are accelerating (not just high RPMs, but actually accelerating hard) the higher the front will be once in the air.

I would also have a knowledgable person check your suspension. My 03 CRF didn't have enough rebound damping in the stock setting and bounced the back end rather violently on takeoffs.

Top Bottom