Just a dash of premix in gearbox oil

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
You know how there's always a little premix left in your ratio rite; no matter how long you hold it upside down when pouring. Well, for this reason I have two ratio rites; one for the gearbox and one for premix. I got them mixed up yesterday when changing my gearbox oil and used the premix cup, which had a dash of premix in the bottom. I hate to dump that new fluid just because of a little premix. Do you think this is an issue? Should I dump the new fluid and refill just to make sure? :confused:

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
quick tip on getting all the pre mix out of the ratio rite, pour a lil gas in the ratio rite after u have dumped all u can into the gas can, swoosh it around in the ratio rite and this will get the oil out of it and dump it back into the gas can, lil trick i picked up awile back and leaves your ratio rite cup clean.....

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by Can Can Kev
pour a lil gas in the ratio rite after u have dumped all u can into the gas can, swoosh it around in the ratio rite and this will get the oil out of it and dump it back into the gas can

Then wipe the ratio rite out and put it in a plastic zip bag so its nice and clean the next time you need it.

Also, how about writing premix on one cup and trans oil on the other cup. :thumb:

Top Bottom