ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
Well I bought a CR125 advertised as a '02 ... Lol rode it maybe 2-3 times barely even over an hour. The last time I rode it I wasnt being A nice 2 stroker cause I was Screaming down the road topped out for about 10 seconds and then bog bog bog.... OMG I just blew, but it still ran for a bit thought it might have been over heated, screamed it once more and a bang happened clunk clunk :ohmy: just stopped. sick of piddle paddling around I wanted to start Fresh... So fresh I could lick it :nod: but first I needed to answer a few questions I had, after days and nights of mind boggling research I had came to a conclusion of either a 2000-2001. In a 2005 Chassi :yell: What did this guy just go for a average medium rounding down. Pretty psyched right now about getting the engine back together, Their were unforeseen parts like broken clutch disks had to order late. Their are tons of information on rebuilding these engines as well. Pretty much used your average flat heads socket set and couple of specialty sockets bigger then your normal assortment, a nickel, Chain wrench, bearing press. Oven, oven Mitt :) Hammer, be really careful splitting the cases you dont want to nick the edges. Parts OEM head, OEM jug, OEM Ex. flang, OEM Ex. seal, Wiseco Top end rebuild kit stock bore, Wiseco Bottom end rebuild kit, Complete engine gasket kit, OEM jug studs, OEM crankcase studs, Aftermarket Clutch kit, PV rod nut/washers/molybdenum grease, OEM crankcase bearings and seals. Just waiting on the OEM bearings and seals. I have the Wiseco bearings and crankcase seals but read to many story of guys with fresh rebuilds and 5-15 hrs with a seize so I'm waiting. anyways I'll keep ya's posted on this extensive rebuild and the outcome. BTW crankcase bearing in the cases ---> in OVEN work extremely well. Once bearings come in Im gonna throw them in the freezer for a night and just use a Blow dryer on the cases, I have a bearing press but dont want to put any unneeded stress on these particular bearings.

Attachments

• 539853_611899845505653_1982306288_n.jpg
    539853_611899845505653_1982306288_n.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 127

ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
Lol handle to the Crescent socket set box. but I see now what your talking about. cool observation.

ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
got the bearing installed, crank, had to look at a service manual diagram to get the tranny back in. When I finally got it together went to do a sanity check the the tranny was locked up I was freaking OMG pissed off lossened everything up and I heard a quick click and everything came back thank god all the gears shift smoothly so something must have just binded. everything else was just clock work only thing I'm waiting on is the head so I can do the TOP END! and it will get installed into the frame. One thing that is puzzling me is while I was putting some pre-mix down into the hole that runs to the bearings I was spinning it and I can hear the kick starter spindle clicking so I might have to take right side case back off and clutch to figure that one out. but yeah everything else has been straight forward quite impressed actually. Its been really fun digging into it and actually getting a solid handle of what gives me a half mast when I rev her ;) Oh and my PV arm isnt reaching as far up as I thought it should be. I have to turn it and then extend the spring down to get it to reach, but I have to re-check the starter spindle anyways so ill have to re-check both those while I have the right side cover off.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You have to align the PV governor properly or it won't operate. When it's aligned correctly the arm will slip right over the pin on the end of the PV shaft. If you have to push the arm down to get it on the alignment is off. I just went through this on my 03.....

ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
Thanks Yeah when I got to that part I knew something was funky I figured on re-assembly you would slide the GOVernor in and then the case ontop, but in the manual it shows getting the arm lined up with the top of the gear, and holding the GOV in the case while you put it on. Finished the rebuild LATE! friday night and got to a poker run yesterday ran all day! pretty psyched about it. Thanks for all the help! as well appreciate it.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Glad to hear yo got it up and running! I just got mine out for the first good solid ride saturday. I'm impressed! It runs quite well, I was nervous after hearing the 03 was supposed to be one of the worst years for the cr motor. It has V-force reeds and FMF pipe/Q2 silencer. It makes more bottom/mid than my brother's 01 RM for sure and pulls just as hard on top. I LOVE the chassis so far!

ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
Yeah I have only seen RM's around at MX tracks never really saw to many people owning them around town. I like the chassis as well. My new Vforce should be here today.

ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
Just waiting on the JD jet kit and exhaust kit. installed the Vforce 3 reeds today it still took a good 30 seconds to minute to get Revs tho. but I can deal with it for now. Only other thing I can think of is Timing or one of the electric assembly's are going figuring if its that its either stator or coil. I wonder tho if I need a hotter plug will help with the initial cold start, its been sitting in the garage all day and its like 70 degrees out. I'm using 91-93 octane at a 32:1 mixture.

Top Bottom