78kl250a

Jan 20, 2003
So i have 2 questions i was hoping everybody could help me out with. My first question is: i have i 02wr250f, i just bought in the spring, while i check the valves this winter i was thinking about adjusting the cam shaft to yz spec. i know how to do it from the thumper faq web page. but it says that you might have to adjust the jetting on the bike. ive done the gray wire and the bafle. i haven't taken the airbox lid of though, so im wondering were i should start with the jetting, right now it is still stock, and i know not much about jetting. Question 2: were do i mount a flag on my bike. i want to go to the michigan sand dunes next year but i have no idea. i was planning on going but me and my friend never got a chance to go on the same weekend my friends brother, who has a place up there, could go. they both have banshee's and they just put it on the back bar. Question 3: do i have any chance in keeping up with them. when we drag i usually keep up untill he hits 6th gear. i know the bikes not made for the sand and i should have a bigger bore bike for that but i ride mostly trails in pa and his will be a once and twice a year occorence for me to ride the dunes. question 4: is there anything specific i should do to the bike so i dont mess anything up with the sand. Thanks for all your replies in advance

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
mount paddle tires on your back tire and by god watch your air filter a friend of mine sucked sand in his engine and that was expensive.

shifting

~SPONSOR~
Mar 5, 2003
Take a little multi-purpose grease and smear it around the air filter lip. Where the filter actually seats against the air box. Alot of guys suck sand through there. Just a little added security. :thumb:

Oregon Trail

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 1999
You'll have to get a mount for your flag. It bolts to your rear axle and is usually cost about $8. I have some of the alloy ones and they work fine. They should have them where you buy your flag. Banshee's on the dunes...that's their home turf. :aj:

Oregon Trail

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 1999
I personally don't notice the flag while riding. Motorcyles just started having to ride with them at the Dunes as of Nov 1 2002 I think, it will probably come your way soon too. :silly:

Top Bottom