lowtrkn2k

Oct 26, 2009
Hi, I just picked up a 99 CR125 that has a blown top end. I just ordered a manual and Im waiting for it to come in before I start tearing into the bike. I have a few questions since my last bike was a 86 KX 125 about 10 years ago.

The kick starter shows signs a damage on the shaft from hitting the foot peg. I assume there is something insde the case that stops it from going all the way to the foot peg. I've looked for info online but haven't found anything about this type of problem. If so is this an easy fix or will I have to totally dissasemble the engine lower half to fix it?

Also when looking at the engine there is a little bottle with a cap and a hose (can't remember where the hose goes...sorry) that is on the engine by the carb. Not sure if this is stock or some aftermarket add on. Any ideas what this is for?

Any recomendations on a top end kit or is Weisco the one to go with??

This bike was owned by a 16 year old and looks like he did not do much maintenance on it. The oil is black and the bike has absolutly no compression (I can turn it over with my hand easily). Looks like he rode it the last once of compression and Im assuing tried to kick start it with low/no compression and broke the kick start "stop" . The bike needs a few things fixed but those are the major ones along with the top end at this time.

Thanks for any advise or ideas.

Top Bottom