Karna&Justin

~SPONSOR~
Sep 27, 2001
Hello again!

It has been quite a long time since I have posted. Between having my second child (Who is almost 3 now) and going to nursing school there hasn't been enough time to ride or keep up on riding forums.

Nonetheless,I am back in the saddle again and currently got a new BETA 250 RR.

I am a little nervous about this recent purchase.Justin and I took the bike out and the marzochi shiver forks (sp?) (which have a reputation to be awesome) had the worst suspension that I have ever felt. I started complaining about them after getting arm pump and a neck ache on our first rocky trail. I am not one to complain (much) but Justin saw the look on my face and decided to give the bike a try. Soon after he took off into the woods I no longer heard the revs of the engine. As is turns out, Justin, who is a fairly experienced rider, got thrown off the bike after hitting a pebble sized rock. The rest of the ride had me gripping the handle bars just so I didn't get hurt.It handled well in the woods as long as the trail was soft dirt with no roots,ruts,rocks or whoops. In other words, I had a rather difficult day.

I am coming off of a Gas Gas EC 200...WHICH I ABSOLUTELY LOVE AND DON'T WANT TO SELL YET. In fact, I was planning on buying another EC 200 but we were offered such a great deal on the Beta that we couldn't pass it up.

If any of you can offer me advice or suggestions I will gladly listen. The things that I am concerned about are...

1. Riding a 4 stroke after riding a 2 stroke for so long.
2.Getting the suspension perfected...we already have the forks off to send away tomorrow so hopefull I will fall in love with the bike in the near future.
3.The increased weight difference.I think the Beta is 30 lbs heavier than my Gas Gas.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Karna

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Karna!!!! YAY, its KARNA~~!! :) The queen of the Salad Enduro~!~

I have seen this Beta 4stroke in Karna and Justin's garage and it is a beautiful bike. I especially loved that Karna will now have the magic button!!

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Hey Karna!
After 2 years, I think we've finally gotten the suspension right on my 250X - took the forks in to be serviced and our man put in lighter weight oil this time, since he said I had the settings on as soft as possible already, that would give me more adjustment. Turned out he was absolutely right on, they now actually absorb the bumps, esp on steep uphills where I used to get bucked off, now I can hit a foot high step up and just ride over it, no drama. It's amazing. He'd already put in lighter springs, and cut them down to match the lowering link.

So it's really important to get them tuned to you, and of course the magic button is a life saver, many times over.

I still struggle with how heavy mine is, I just try to not fall down so much!

Have fun with your new machine.

Apr 30, 2007
I'd have to agree, setting up the suspension for the rider makes a WORLD of difference!

I had poorly set up front suspension, and couldn't get the bike over or around anything. New fork seals, new fluid at the correct level, and the little CR rides so much better! :)

Top Bottom