Just finish all mods on my 01 KDX220R

seb33

Mar 2, 2007
I just want to leave my impression after an overhaul and all around mods on my 01 KDX220R.
First to make a short story, I purchase that bike slightly use and really clean last august.
The bike had all the original parts except for the back tire and a FMF desert pipe and a turbinecore 2 silencer.
The compression on the motor was still at 149 psi!!
When the winter came and after discovering this wonderful forum and the justkdx site, I have decide to do an overhaul and most of the mods I had found on both place.
The bike end up with these mods: New Wiseco piston, Boyesen reed, R&B carb and head mod, fix a dent and clean the pipe, Air box mod, replace rear shock oil, did the 2 shim fork mod put FRP 0.38 spring fork and 7.5 oil at 90mm.
I just have finish to fine tune the jetting at 68°F, 1000Ft elevation and end up with a 155 main, CEK needle fourth clip from top and 42 pilot.
The result is just fantastic compare to the bike last year.
It pulls a LOT more from bottom to top and the throttle is really crisp. The fork mod is a huge improvement over original (Now I am riding at speed that I would have hurt myself last year).
So for the riding that I do (tight wood trail mostly 1st to 4th gear) the bike is just perfect.
I really enjoy it now.
I want to thanks all of you that have leaved some input that have help me with my project. Hope you will enjoy the summer as I do… :cool:

Last edited:

seb33

Mar 2, 2007
www.rb-designs.com but not sure if they will still do it to outside the USA because of custom (lot of trouble and money to get your parts ship true custom) The desert pipe is the FMF rev pipe (K-G30) remove the rubber piece and drill some 3/4" hole.

seb33

Mar 2, 2007
KX fork

I did thinks of doing that mod but this mod involve (finding a pair of fork + the clamp + the front wheel) that was just little to much money to justify itself as I am doing only wood riding no mx track at all. (There is no MX track near my place but I have access to 1000 miles of wood trail). :blah:

tawood

Jun 30, 2007
Riding Quebec

Hey Seb,
I'm going to Rouyn-Noranda the second week of July from Michigan and I was thinking of taking my yz....could you give me some good places to ride?
Tim

Top Bottom