Just found a deal, have some questions

trm303

Apr 19, 2009
OK, going to pick up a XR200. 93-96 dont know the exact year. The seller is a good friend, moved on to racing and selling this. Ill be its third owner, origional tires still on so I think I'm getting a pretty good deal for $500 then I throw on some custom skid plates, some nice billets, maybe a fmf or pro circuit and ill have a nice trail bike. Now I just have a few questions.

When I get it I wanna change the oil and use synthetic as well as the oil filter, sparkplug and air filter. Is that a good idea? or just check everything and buy what needs to be replaced.

How often will I be buying tires for trail riding? (like how many miles ussually?)

do these have 5 speed or 6 speed tranny's?

This is a good deal for someone that doesnt want to spend over $700 on a nice running and looking bike correct?

Thanks

02stampede

Jan 5, 2009
Whatsup man,

When I get it I wanna change the oil and use synthetic as well as the oil filter, sparkplug and air filter. Is that a good idea? or just check everything and buy what needs to be replaced.

Definitely oil and filter. The old oil can give you an indicator on how well it was maintained with consistency and metal shavings. The air filter might just have to be cleaned and oiled but definitely check it before you buy. A poor filter means poor particles are escaping past it. Finally, inspect the chain and sprockets, which could run you $100+. A compression test will tell you how much life is left in the rings and possibly piston change as well.

How often will I be buying tires for trail riding? (like how many miles ussually?)

You cant go by miles as much as you could if it was driven on the street. Off road, it varies greatly depend on how hard or soft the tires are and how hard those tires are ridden in x terrain type. Slangin roost to your buds behind you all the time is fun but wears em down quicker. I persoanlly let it rip and go through 2 back tires before a front one.

do these have 5 speed or 6 speed tranny's?

I believe its a six speed but not sure.

This is a good deal for someone that doesnt want to spend over $700 on a nice running and looking bike correct?

I would have to say you have a good offer in front of you if the bike is what its said to be. I would get bark busters and maybe a skid plate to start off with. Then you still have exhaust and gearing to play with that will really change the attitude of the bike after you ride and get more comfortable the way it sits now. Good Luck bro :cool:

Top Bottom