Just found cheaper Brembo brake parts

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
<<How about emailing or PMing for the link? - Patman>>

I had them price the clamp that holds the front brake assembly to the handlebars: $7.50 versus $21 through KTM dealer. The whole assembly is $90 (I'm assuming the assembly they're showing is what's on late model KTM's; looks very similar), versus who knows what from the dealer.

They said the whole assembly is in stock, but the clamp has to be ordered. Just wanted to pass this on....

Mudrider

Aug 29, 2000
This site also gives a very detailed way to bleed your front brake to get rid of the spongy front brake. I'ts under the Tech tips section.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
I sent some email asking for the link but, Patman, I'd like to know what was wrong with the link being in this post. Please point me to the rules that say this isn't allowed. I need to review those, I guess.

clw

Dec 29, 2000
When can or can't a web address be posted? Is it the sponsors that frown on this practice?

Guess I'm confused as well, I thought the purpose of these forums was the open exchange of information without profanity and in good taste.

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
Please e-mail me, and I'll send the link. I, too, am a little confused. I'm working on a database for all the cheap alternatives I've found for OEM parts on my KTM, which will be posted on my web site at some time in the future.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Click "f.a.q." (fourth button from the left up at the top)
Second lne "Do Not Spam The Boards"
I think that pretty much sums it up? Yes it IS subjective and unfortunatly I can not spend the entire day on DRN monitoring these things so sometimes things slip through the cracks. I try to be consistant and edit direct links out of all but DRN Sponsor posts, generally if someone is helping foot the bill they are entitled to linking and if not then they can either inquire about being a DRN Sponsor or live with less traffic. It seems only fair to me, I mean if somebody plopped a billboard on MY property I would expect them to either pay me or take it down at my request (besides asking first). I am all for other alternatives besides factory parts because of availability and cost issues plus "the cool factor" of some.

If I am out of line please lets discuss it.:)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Confused about spam?

Patman - Okay, I may not be a computer whiz-kid, but I always thought that "spam" was the intention posting/promoting of a link, business, phone number, address, etc. that benefited the poster. I've seen members post links, phone numbers, businesses, addresses, etc. that were never edited out. In fact I could probably name half a dozen members who regularly "spam" the boards with info and links to sites that are not DRN sponsors.

I realize this is very subjective and what KaTooMer did may be considered "spam" by some. However, I do not believe that was his intention. He only posted the link to help out other KTM riders (GasGas and Husky riders too) who are looking for cheaper alternatives to dealer pricing. In fact I believe he's done the same thing before in this forum.

It may irritate sponsors who pay money to advertise on DRN yet see a competitor getting free publicity. Isn't the point of these forums to be able to share information? If I'm way off base, then so be it. I guess it just irks me when I see double standards being applied. Although I realize each moderator views things a little differently.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Okay, I just read the FAQ. I was hoping for a clearer definition of what spam is. And therein, IMO, lies the problem. Patman's definition of spam is not the same as other mod's so we have inconsistent application of the vague rules. Not Patman's fault, of course. He's doing what he thinks is right for DRN and doing it for free.

I agree with WoodsRider's definition of spam and, I believe, that's the most common one. I also don't think this post started as spam as the user apparently will not profit from it in any way. I don't agree that this post was like someone erecting a billboard in your yard, though. I see your point and agree with it but, in this case, it's not the business that "advertised".

Maybe a clearer definition of Spam in the FAQ is the answer?

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
I had originally thought that it was only spam if the proprieter of the bussiness was supplying the link to his/her page, "self promotion". :think

Reon

Apr 11, 2000
Just want to add my .02c worth if I may. I personally dont view KaTooMers post as spam. He is not promoting his own product and he is trying to help fellow riders with cheaper parts.

Secondly, do any of the DRN sponsors actually sell Brembo products ? If none of them do then they are not actually loosing out on any business as they did not have the product to sell in the first place.

KaTooMer could you please mail me with the link, toerien@intekom.co.za as I'm interested in a 2001 master cylinder. Let us know when you get that data on your website.

GWO

Jul 15, 2000
Patman, I appreciate the job you do, but that post was not spam. It was someone passing on a "good find". That is one of the best reasons to hang out at dirtrider.net.

KaTooMer, please email me the link: glenn@theosbornes.org

Thanks,
GWO

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
:think Could you please send me the email also? Also, there is a Motolinks page here that you could add that site to.

Top Bottom