Just got a 96 RT100 for the GF and have a question

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
Just got a very low hours 96 RT100.
Runs great in the low end but lacks power when it revs up.

I don't have a factory service manual yet so I was wondering. Which screw is which on the carb? I want to fiddle with it to see if I can get it to run better. Plus fresh gas, new plug, clean the filter, anything else I should do?

Thanks,
Phil Jensen

B

biglou

I'd check the basics first-air filter, fresh gas, plug, etc. You may wind up bumping the main jet up a notch or two. The screws on the carb are for 0-1/4 throttle settings (or something like that...). You'll probably get some specific info from your manual when you get it about location and size of jetting, etc., that will help a great deal.

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
So, I will do the basics of course. BUT, there is no main jet adjustability? Only way to lean out the top end is to buy new jets?

Thanks,
Phil Jensen

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
Ok, thanks for the info. Will do the basic stuff this afternoon. Will save the jetting for when the FSM gets here.

Thanks again,
Phil Jensen

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
Well we haven't fiddled with the carb yet, but here is the thing. With my 130lb GF on the bike it will not wheelie and it does not have any power at high revs at all.

This seems like it might be more than a jetting issue? Or do these bikes just have no power? If it might be something other than jetting, any ideas what I should check?

Thanks,
Phil

Top Bottom