just got my bike

georgia_tom

Feb 22, 2008
i just bought a 2003 yz250 today. it cost around $1799 but after all the taxes and helmet and stuff it cost about $1900, which is a pretty good price. this baby can go! it is my very first bike ever and it is awesome. i know, i know, "dude, yur gonna kill yourself." seeing as i've never rode a dirt bike before. but, who cares. i still have to get used to all the power and shifting gears and sfuff, but it's a blast to ride..... literally! this bike is in excellent running condition, it only has a few, or alot of cosmetic damage. the plastics are all scratched and broke, but i really dont care about that. and the exhaust has a dent in it. but it has an aftermarket fmf pipe on it. once you get the hang of kickin it, it's pretty easy. i only stalled out about 3 times and its my first time ever.

two-stroke

Feb 23, 2008
:cool: good to hear. i know somewhat how you feel, i had riding experience before i jumped on a 250 but my experience was on a crf100 lol.

necrodj

Feb 25, 2008
Dude you 're so lucky to get a yz250 2003 for only 1990$ which is like 1600 euros.
Here in Greece, ppl are mad and stupid. The same model here would cost ya at least 2500-3000 euros which is almost 4000$ :P

Just be safe with it and always wear your gear

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Cool! I'll try to remember to post next time we head to Durhamtown...looks like an hour and a half for you.

georgia_tom

Feb 22, 2008
yeah dude, that sounds cool. i've never been there before. i heard its pretty cool. dont they have a little bit of everything......... trails, tracks, fishing ponds and stuff? by the way i pasted through north augusta a few times last week workin with my dad.

06KX100

Feb 9, 2008
necrodj said:
Here in Greece, ppl are mad and stupid. The same model here would cost ya at least 2500-3000 euros which is almost 4000$

i dont know about you guys, but im shippin my bikes to greece

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Congradulations on the new bike, what a great deal!! You will have a ton of fun on that bike.I got my 2-stroke 250 when I was 13 and had only a little experience on a little 100, everybody thought I would kill myself, but I proved them wrong, and so will you(I hope) :nod:

What kind of riding do you plan on doing??

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
georgia_tom said:
yeah dude, that sounds cool. i've never been there before. i heard its pretty cool. dont they have a little bit of everything......... trails, tracks, fishing ponds and stuff?
You're right, DP has a little of everything. Most of the trails are nice, wide, and smooth, but they have some tight and/or rocky stuff for those wierd enough to like that. The tracks are great because all of the landings are forgiving.

georgia_tom

Feb 22, 2008
250girl i plan on riding a little bit of eveything. mostly trails and fields and stuff, small or homemade jumps. might take it to the track every now and then. gomer, that sounds great, i'll probably need easy landings.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…