BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Hey I once got my wife a chainsaw for Valentine's day and she didn't use it on me! She even said it was the best Valentine's present she ever got, but I know that was a rare event. Back when I was in the sporting goods business, a guy came in and bought a Browning 20 guage o/u shotgun, said it was for his wife for Christmas. I didn't think anything of it until the day after Christmaswhen a lady shows up with the shotguin, pays about 500 bucks for a custom stock and another couple of hundred for a locking aluminum case. She expailned to me that hubby wanted a 20 guage so he bought it telling her it was for her, thinking she would not be into shooting and it would be there for his use. So she put a custom stock on it so it would not shoot well for him, took some skeet lessons and bought a case with a lock so he couldn't get at it. To top it off she turned out to be a much better shot than he was! :flame: ( I hear she and her new husband are very happy)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I used to get his business card with "IOU a weekend away" written on the back. I cannot tell you how much that hurt. Don't make the same mistake.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
I used to get his business card with "IOU a weekend away" written on the back. I cannot tell you how much that hurt. Don't make the same mistake.
D, probably as much as being given a gift at valentines & told "I thought I'd get ya one (teddy bear, mind out the gutter guys lol) as all the guys at work got one for their mrs". Or the bottle of perfume (I don't wear that stuff).
It doesn't have to cost much, it just has to count - put a bit of thought into it. I'd rather not give a gift than buy the first thing I come across and I expect others to do the same (unless the first thing come across is something that is way cool & the person would love or find funny).

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Michelle

It doesn't have to cost much, it just has to count - put a bit of thought into it.

All this thinking is giving me a major headache! :|

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
"Things are tough, and times are hard...
here's your friggin' Christmas card"

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Jaybird

LMAO!:)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
:) Very poetic Mr. Grinch, Whoville is starting to warm up :)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Jay, you are so sweet!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
:)

Top Bottom