sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I put my links in awhile ago and lowered my forks a bit too.

I'm going to ride it a bit later in the back yard but it seems to have brought the rear spring into the range it needs to be for my wieght. through leverage I guess

hmm I dont know what I will do with the other set of kouba links I have??????

I had cut my seat (mistake) when I installed a gripper cover( bigger mistake).

I got a stock seat off ebaa and love it now that i can pivot around on top of it beings how it is narrower at the top..

Cutting the foam makes the seat actually wider and sits you back away from the tank further..

Another thing I did was get the wider footpegs from d2moto.com

I would recomend them but I bought wide ones for an xt350 and a dr350se and 3 pairs of led turn signals to get free shipping d2moto charges 9.99 per item shipped so I bought enough to get free shipping ($80)

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
Update

I had no issues with the $14.99 foot pegs they felt great!! they are the same ones that are on eebay for $27 or 17.99 + $9 shipping

The Kouba link did exactly what I needed it to do,.. soften the rear spring rate and it seemed to give the the rear more traction on the really bumpy stuff, I noticed less rear wheel spin up rocky hills.

The moose engine guard was working well to, I heard rocks many times hit with a load knock sound

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
sr5bidder said:
Update

I had no issues with the $14.99 foot pegs they felt great!! they are the same ones that are on eebay for $27 or 17.99 + $9 shipping

The Kouba link did exactly what I needed it to do,.. soften the rear spring rate and it seemed to give the the rear more traction on the really bumpy stuff, I noticed less rear wheel spin up rocky hills.

The moose engine guard was working well to, I heard rocks many times hit with a load knock sound
I know that loud knock sound you speak of, lol. Makes me smile when I realize I'm getting my money's worth out of that skid plate. I actually have a good sized nick in mine just in front of the oil filter housing, that could have been expensive.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
sr5bidder said:
Update

I know that loud knock sound you speak of, lol. Makes me smile when I realize I'm getting my money's worth out of that skid plate. I actually have a good sized nick in mine just in front of the oil filter housing, that could have been expensive.

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
_JOE_ said:
I actually have a good sized nick in mine just in front of the oil filter housing, that could have been expensive.
Oil filter?? Are we still talking about a KDX200?

I installed the #1 Koubalinks some time ago. couldn't tell the difference.
I installed FRP fork and shock springs (for my weight) about a month later than the links....couldn't tell much difference then either. Yes, set static and race sag per Pro Circuit.

Mud

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
so maybe you are just numb or something should I trust what you say about the steering damper??

don't get mad I said numb..... meaning not to sencitive to change

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
because I'm a better more comfident rider now. in better shape (more flexible)
I am 5'10.5"
1 ride in and I have noticed a bit less hobby horsing and a bit more soft landing from bigger jumps.

Top Bottom