Just rode a cr450f !

Mxracer510

May 7, 2000
hah.
That motor noise is normal. Are you sure it wasnt the off-idle exhaust noise? My dad has got one. And I have a 00 CR250. I ride in the expert class on cross country. Its a pretty nice cross country bike from the nice smooth power band. I feel that I can go a little bit faster on the CRF than I can on my own bike. Just my opinion. Oh...and the other nice thing about the CRF....ive tried to start a YZF..and they are a ______ to start. The CRF all it takes is a long hard constant kick. if you try to kick it like a two stroke it wont start...but if you go all the way through the stroke with a solid kick...it will start first kick every time. Real nice.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Levi,

Is my bike in yet? I'm dying over here!

Mion

Mxracer510

May 7, 2000
Mion......how ya like it???? i havent heard from ya about it yet? and havent posted anyting...so it must be keeping you busy???

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by marcusgunby
Coop if you think the CR450 is heavy id hate to hear your review of the 426:p
...yeah, but the 426 doesn't make much "engine noise' ...:p

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
quote ...yeah, but the 426 doesn't make much "engine noise' ...

and the clutch on the 450 has this strange habit of engaging when the levers out and disengaging when its pulled in-weird maybe someone should inform Honda:p

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
....ive tried to start a YZF..and they are a ______ to start. The CRF all it takes is a long hard constant kick. if you try to kick it like a two stroke it wont start

Its the rider, not the bike! I have ridden with alot of differant people, on a lot of differant bikes, and most of the time its how the person starts the bike.
My yzf starts easier then my old kx 500, which started first or second kick everytime;) I ride with a friend on a ktm520, whcih they say is the best for hot restarts(after stalling the engine), he will have to kick his 10-12 times before it fires, mine 1 or 2 kicks is the normal! Its the rider, not the bike
Sorry for my rant, but I just get sick of hearing how hard the YZF's are to start!:D

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
It's not the rider. I've been riding 2 strokes forever. Since the YZ400 came out, I've got to ride many 4 strokes. The KTM,s start the easiest hands down. The Yamaha426 is easier to start than the 250f imo. On a dead engine start, I don't think there is any advantage for KTM because you can get the Yamaha in just the right spot and it WILL start almost every time without a problem. After stalling it when it's hot, you need to pull the hot start button on the Yam. The KTM just needs a kick, no finding just the right spot in the stroke and pulling a hot start button. I havn't ridden a honda, other than an xr400, and I don't want to go there. I agree that with a little practice, it probably becomes second nature. I have a good friend with a 426 and he is very good at starting it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…