ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
There i was looking up at a monster, :ohmy: Not just any monster but a monster that was straight up and about 1,000 feet long, i had been watching about 15 or 20 minutes the thumpers climp this hill with little trouble, Dont get me wrong these guys were good riders, (Damn Good) after a short time i decided to throw my helmet on gear up and away i went, about 3 quarters of the way up the bike started to bog down hard, i down shifted to first and started clutching throttling my ass off to no avail, i tried my hardest to unload off the bike before i went down the mountain with but it wasnt to be.
Head over heals i went with the bike on top of me no less than 100 feet. 2 broken ribs alot of bad road rash and a whole lot of distaste for my 2 stroke i now know its time to sell my bike and get a thumper.

the thumpers are hill climbing bad boys, never did i hear one have to shift down and when i heard them start to bog a little they just gave it a little more gas and up they went.
I have a whole new respect for torq :thumb:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Maybe on the 2 st. you are at a disadvantage, but i've seen a lot of nasty hills conquered on a 2 stroke. Even a 125.

If the hill isn't bumpy, you want as much run at it as you can! Keep the rpms way up, so that if you have to let off, there is still powerband in reserve. Sometimes the clutch works better than the throttle for traction control. Your bike has forty some horsepower, plenty of power to climb any hill. In first gear it's gonna all come down to your technique. I'm not knocking your skills, sounds like you had a tough hill to climb. Do you have a flywheel weight on your bike?

The grass is always greener!

Top Bottom