Just took it off the truck!

OTHG MIKE

Oct 26, 2004
I just came home with a brand new KDX220R. Its 30 degrees ,dark and snowing so I just ran it up the road in front of my house. It's been 20 years since I have been on a bike but this baby goes like hell ! It may not be the best bike on the planet but I know I'll have a blast on it. I couldn't be happier. I almost went for a KTM250 but I bet this will be all the bike I need. Thanks for the helping me make the decision to go with team green.
:yeehaw:
Mike

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
:cool: Congrats on the new bike.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
That's great. Don't forget to update your profile to show your bike!

L

LukeRips

That's all the bike alot of people need. Have fun!

Welcome to Team Green.

RBSOB

Jun 24, 2004
Congrats on the purchase and have fun with your KDX. We are having snow, sleet and freezing rain here in Ct. You may be in for a VERY long winter in Upstate, having a brand new bike to stare at while waiting for the snow to melt some time in April!!! Jim G

nrvs-nelly

Oct 25, 2003
congrats on the new ride! I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Great all around bike. You might want to think about having the suspension serviced for your weight and riding conditions. After that is done you'll be REALLY amazed at the handling. Try this guy , can't be beat : www.gps-suspension.com

Last edited:

Bliz

Dec 25, 1999
Went to the GPS suspension page. Did I understand this right that he can install a rebound adjuster on KDX forks. Anybody know anything about this?

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
Bliz , I saw this too for the first time. He gets rave reviews from the guys who hang on the "New England Trail Rider" forums I'm going to send him my suspension over the winter to set up for me.I've used WER and Bumpstix in the past.He used to live in Mass. and set up alot of woods bikes for NETRA riders.

OTHG MIKE

Oct 26, 2004
I hope it dosen't snow this year. I'll probably just order a pipe over the winter and wait till I can ride it to see what has to be done to the suspension. Hope there are still some places to ride next year, houses going up everywhere.

dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
While the bike and you are waiting for riding weather I suggest that you take the rear suspension and stearing stem apart and grease them. I pulled my 04 apart two weeks after I got it and I think they forgot to apply grease to any of the parts before it left the factory. Some of the bearings were dry, others might as well have been dry!

OTHG MIKE

Oct 26, 2004
I read that somewhere else too, sounds like a good idea. I took it out today for an hour. It goes pretty good. I have to take that lunch box off the rear fender it kept hitting me in the butt when I got over the back end.
Mike

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…