Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
Has anybody tried the K&N filter in a dirt bike? how does it filter compared to the foam filter? Thanks, Sage.

------------------
Sage Wilkinson
sage@sagesdirtandstreet.com

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
They are a big mistake when riding in wet conditions. When they get wet, they fall apart.

------------------
1992 KDX 250-FMF porting,two-stage power reeds, Fatty pipe, Power Core silencer,titanium rod,Wiseco Ultra-lite, Pro-Action suspension...Oh my Gawd, they killed Kenny!

paul

Jul 3, 1999
I am starying to wonder about the saftey of clean filters. I bought a 82 yz80 as a playbike it has no filter on it at all. The kid i bought it off said its been that way for 8 years. I also have a 89 yz80 and a 99 kdx200 with filters. The filterless 82 yz80 runs better than my other bikes and it has faster throttle response and quicker acceleration, Yes even faster than the kdx. I dont know if its a miricle that it still runs but the fact is that it is the best 80 i have ever owned.

------------------
paul

Russ

Jan 17, 2001
"When they get wet, they fall apart?"

That's exactly what you do to clean them. We've used them for years racing karts and NEVER had one fall apart. Still, wouldn't be my choice for dirt biking although my ATK605 came stock with one and it worked great! I could be wrong and I'll probably stir up some controversy, but I always felt that it was more important to keep the intake of a 2-stroke clean vs. that of a 4-stroke. I'm pretty meticulous with ANY engine, but just wouldn't feel comfortable running a K&N on a 2-stroke for some reason.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Russ (edited 04-17-2001).]

Top Bottom