ka-chunk? Uh-oh

Shift-MX

Feb 10, 2002
I just got my cylinder back from mr.gorr today and got the bike running. After one heat cycle...i went out to start my bike for the second time. I kicked it once and it stopped half way and made a sorta 'ka-chunk' sound and stopped...i let the kicker back up and tried to kick again and started up fine. Anyone know what may have caused this? :o

tristan18au

Jun 3, 2001
my 2000 YZ125 does that when i rebuild it i think it is just the lack of oil on the pwervalves which causes it to slap at the compresion stroke when it stops, i have had no probs with mine after run in.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
when I put the EG144 kit in the CR I used to have I started it up after replacing every major part in the engine (to the tune of $1500 :scream: ) and I started it, sounded beautiful until it went eeeurp and was once piece, after only 30 seconds of running I thought it was junk, so I started to pull it all back apart and found that the primary gear had came loose because I didn't loctite it :| I know this doesn't help you any but I find my stupidity humorous now :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…