woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Kadie and Woodsy sitten in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G… Well folks, that is what I felt like for the BIG GREEN SMOKIN MACHINES first ride of the season!!
What started with a whimper of an idea to go check the Cedar Creek trail conditions ended up with ol Woodsy rediscovering why he bought this big bore KX500 in the first place – yessireeee – LOVE AT FIRST FLIGHT!!!
Kadie aint been out for a LONGGGGGGGGG time so I was really curious how she was gonna behave.. I put on my brand new size 36 Green MX pants and found out that they are a little BIG!! Slipped into my new Thor shirt and it was about PERFECT… Slipped into my boots that I haven’t worn all year and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh nice!!!
Got Kadie off her stand, took her outside into the 70-degree sunshine and heard her moan a moan of ecstasy!! Her and sat there talking for a minute while I was tipping her down to get a little fuel up her snout.. Three dips and bingo – nice little puddle out of the overflow.. I said – atta girl – you like that fresh gas don’t ya!! She said :nod: Next I leaned the ol girl against the side of the garage – did the ol “winter starting routine” which consists of holding the kill button on while kicking her thru 3 good kicks with the choke on.. At the fourth kick I released the kill button and she fired right up and said “come on Woodsy – lets go PLAY!!”..
Hat, gloves and – opppppsss, NO ORV STICKER.. Slipped an ORV on her, put the new tags on her and off we went!!

PAUSE FOR A CAUSE HERE – IT IS POURING RAIN, PEA SIZE HAIL AND THUNDER/LIGHTING AS I TYPE – CEDAR MAY VERY WELL BE CLEAR FOR THE WEEKEND!!!

Back to the story.. We ripped a path over to Cedar Creek. Took a south hook on the east trail off Ryerson Rd.. Clear all the way back to the Pines!! Ran into some ICE but no snow in the Pines.. Rode back out to the main entrance into Cedar.. Went to the parking area.. The road leading in has NO SNOW or ice on it – COOL!! The parking area had some Ice on the south side but was 70 % clear!! Went back out to the North side – rode in about ¾ mile and hit ICE but no snow. IT FELT GREAT TO BE BACK AT IT!! Oh - by the way - whoops are still the same as I remembered at ol Twisty!!
Turned around and took the main 2 track back past the entrance and headed south on the 2 trackers.. The trails (I rode some of the south loop) were at 80 percent clear and NO SNOW but ICE was kinda plentiful yet!! Hooked back up on the two tracks – they are still icy too – and rode out to the back entrance of the south loop.. Came out at the Golf Course that I didn’t know was there.. Said to Kadie, I don’t remember this do you?? She grumbled something about my haven’t changed at all (not real sure where she is picking this cocky attitude up from – Ted? YZMAN? INCA? SKIPPY?? RENIE??) but I scolded her and told her I knew exactly where I was.. In my mines eye I pictured Bigeasy’s house being somewhere in the area so we decided to see if we could find it.. Stopped at a house along Ewing road and asked some kids if they knew of an old chair sitting by a mailbox.. They looked at me like I was NUTS!!! THANKS BIGEASY – I will do the same for you some day.. :laugh:
All of a sudden the younger one said – hey yea, so and so had a old chair out there for a longggg time – your off the hook this time Rich!! I went down there and pulled into the drive across the road from the “old chair house” – knocked on the door, a girl answered and I asked if her Dad or Brother or friend rode a Big Red Pig.. She said no, pigs aren’t allowed in our area.. I said I meant a Big Red Motorcycle.. She said, ohhhhhhhh – that would be my neighbor!!!
Kadie and I continued across to the neighbor’s house, knocked on the door and was greeted by a very pleasant young lady who immediately knew who I was.. She said that Bigeasy was riding his bike with his son and would be back shortly – we chatted about 5 minutes and in pulled B.E.!!
We greeted each other like we had been riding buddies for years!! We joked around about you poor suckers, I mean our fellow riders who were not out riding and enjoying the BEAUTIFUL sunny day we were having!! I got a good look at BE’s outside wood burner (wayyyyy cool Rich!!) – checked out his NEW 650 (ok – not brand new but it may as well be!!) and talked for a while.. Had a good chance to get to know another fellow rider who I have no doubt will become a regular at our excursions – NICE MEETING YOU Bigeasy!!
Headed home to try and maybe beat this storm.. As Kadie and I came over a hill top there was a little PW50 sitting on the side of the road for sale.. I stopped (of course) and they want $600 for it – a 99 and JUST LIKE NEW!! Anybody looking for one let me know and I will tell you where to find it!!
We got back to our gravel – muddy – DIRTBIKE HEAVEN road and took off for home.. We came across the power lines and Kadie called me a name… I stopped and said “WHAT DID YOU CALL ME??” – she said “I didn’t call you anything – I said do you wanna go play Destry Abbott?”.. Every since Napper has loaned me these tapes Kadie has got it in her mind that she wants to play “Destry Abbott”.. Soooooooo, we turned around and did a little Abbotting of our own :aj:
I noticed that Kadie is WAYYYY faster thru the gears and in a blink we were pushing 90 and doubling all the bumps on the Powerline.. I asked her if Larry had snuck in whle I was in the hospital and hooked up Nitrous or something and she said no, I am faster because riding you before they took out all that bone and you with that red “On Any Monday Trail Riders” jacket on was like having a Big Red Pig on MY back :think:
Well, we played Destry until dark and called it good.. Came home happy and fulfilled at the Springs first ride together!!
See ya all soon!
Woodsy (and Kadie :ride: )

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
The parking area had some Ice on the south side but was 70 % clear!!

IT IS POURING RAIN, PEA SIZE HAIL AND THUNDER/LIGHTING AS I TYPE – CEDAR MAY VERY WELL BE CLEAR FOR THE WEEKEND!!!

The road leading in has NO SNOW or ice on it – COOL

The trails (I rode some of the south loop) were at 80 percent clear and NO SNOW but ICE was kinda plentiful yet

AAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Man how am I gonna sleep knowing that the trails are in that condition.......

Saturday morning....Weather permiting....I am there.... I cant take it no more.
Sunday morning.....wife permiting.....I may be there also. I need to riiiiiidddeeeee....... :( :( :(

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
Man, I CAN'T wait!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I just knew someone was going to preciate dat tidbit ah news... :rotfl:

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
well that blows and im stuck down here. to think way up there is a nice patch of wet whooped out trail just waiting for the yz to tear across woo hoo. well at least woo hoo on the 10th. have fun you lucky !*&!^@*&#^)$)(*#$&_#%$_!#(. i mean great people to ride with.

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
A Woodsy / Kadie ride report! Been waiting a while for one of these. Glad to hear you're back in the green saddle there Woodsy. I'm also glad to hear about that pesky white stuff is receding fast. Don't know about the 9th, but hopefully soon I can meet up with you bunch a west side yahoos and ride! Till then, :ride: on brother, :ride: on...

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
70 marlin said:
Does that mean your playing hooky? And you’re coming for a ride in the woods? :)

I have Sunday off this week, which will be the 3rd.

Top Bottom