MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Kalkaska anyone? I'll be there this weekend cutting down some trees at the cabin, and will be ready for an afternoon ride. Last weekend before the woods is full of hunter orange and 30-06 bullets whizzing by!

sngltrk

Apr 23, 2002
Just rode most of Kalkaska system last weekend. Camped at Pickerel Lake SFCG Saturday night, cold but not to bad. The trails were cover with wet leaves hiding all those things you usaul try to aviod. We had a couple of crashs from hidden wet roots. After your front end washes out like its on ice, at full lean entering a turn you learn to be more careful, wondering what is under those leaves. The more open sections were a nice wet sand high speed fest. Big fun railing those burmed corners. The whoops were always present for entertainment. Overall rode 97 miles. After the weekends ride, my brother finally decided to sell his fat slow four stroker to get a two stroke. Long live the two stroke.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Thanks for the report sngltrk! The roots are really nasty up there. I did a high-speed get-off on that loop two years ago from a buried root on a long straight-away.

It turns out my trip will most likely be off now. I found out my daughter has her first basketball game on Saturday, and my son's school football team made it to the regional finals, which is also Saturday.

Top Bottom