sngltrk

Apr 23, 2002
Which two Kalkaska loops do you guys like the best? I am looking at page 7 in the CCC map book, which shows A,B,C and Frederic loops. I am planning a Nov. 1 & 2 ride and would like to know what you have to say about these trails. Also any close places to stay on Saturady night.

Thanks
Scott

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Well, I have ridden all but Fredrick. Leetsville is not a very good trail. Quite sandy, not a whole lot of elevation change, and a lot of quad traffic. The Bear lake loops are fun with a lot of hills and off-cambers but still some quad traffic. The soil comp. at Bear Lake isn't as sandy either.

For a hotel I would say the 4 seasons resort will be the best one. That is on M-72 Just south of Kalkaska next to a Big boy and Glens Market. (Left hand side when heading north.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
With two days, you'll be able to ride both the south loop and north loops of the Kalkaska trail. The south loop is shorter and probably a good one to start on.

The Frederic loop is not bad if you park on the newer lot on Couny 612. The loop that crosses 612 used to be really nice tight stuff, and still may be, but I haven't been on it for a couple years. The bad thing about Frederic is that it's close to horse trail, and often people ride their horses on this trail and really rip it up.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Gotta agree 100% with Mark on this one! It AMAZES me how my KX can handle those HUGE whoops on the MCCCT north of White Cloud at speed but a couple miles of horse torn trail and I dont have any hair or back teeth left... kkkkkkknnnnnoooowwwwwwhhhhhaaaatttttIIIIiiimmmeeaaaaannanan???

Top Bottom