Crash217

May 4, 2005
Looking for some people from the K.C. area to go riding with.

Doesn't seem like too much action on this board though.

I saw "Big Lou" mention a mailing list on kcriders but i'm not sure if i looked at the right site because i didn't see anything?

Jon S.
Crash217J@hotmail.com

B

biglou

Hey Jon, I'll get someone in here with details to join the KCRiders mailing list. Friendly bunch of guys. I think most of them are the woods type. I'm a track queen.

3SuperSports

Jan 13, 2004
Hey, get me that info too.....please :)

Lou, any chance you'll be at Merwin Sunday???
I am busy Saturday, but I don't have any "Mother's day activities" to attend, so I was hoping to get out Sunday.

Oh, and whatever happened to the "NTAC's"?

B

biglou

I'm shooting for a ride one day this weekend, not sure how it's going to play out though. I've got some side work that will take me a half day or better to complete, plus chores, possible Mom's Day stuff with my sister's family, etc. I'll try to remember to post here if I get a definite ride day/time.

I forwarded this thread info to Al. Hopefully he'll follow up.

Crash217

May 4, 2005
36SS -- there's a handful of guys going down to merwin sunday. Are they just doing the mx track that day or will the woods be open as well? I really enjoyed my couple hours in the woods there during the kansas h.s. race and have been wanting to get back.

oh, by the way, i'm mostly a woods guy, but when i first started racing i did the mx/sx thing for a few years, so i can go just about anywhere and feel comfortable, even though i probably look like a tool at an mx race being the only bike on the track with a headlight LOL

3SuperSports

Jan 13, 2004
I'm not sure about Merwin. I'd guess that if they're open, they're open? I've never been there, so I really don't know.

I like woods the best too, but a spin around the moto-x track is always fun. It depends on the track, my body's too old for doubles etc.

I checked out weather.com just now and they are predicting thunderstorms from Friday and beyond.

Crash217

May 4, 2005
ACK! weather is stupid! No real need to worry about merwin, there's nothing overly huge out there except their whoop section, it was pretty wild last time i went there.

B

biglou

Okay, I'm making the call. Merwin on Saturday. I'm in a white Ford ext cab with a big "441Designs" on the rear window. I'll probably be there around 11 or so.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'll be there ... in spirit. Gonna miss hanging out with you guys. Have fun and keep the shiny side up!

Crash217

May 4, 2005
so your headed to merwin saturday lou? Brad, the kid from Donnell's is headed there on Sunday... I'm torn.... don't make me choose :*-(

B

biglou

Usually either day is fine for me, but my sister and brother-in-law are coming over to pop's house on Sunday for Mother's Day and bringing the youngins. Can't miss rasslin' with the nephews! :yeehaw:

3SuperSports

Jan 13, 2004
Well, since the weekend forecast looks good for Saturday and not so good for Sunday, I think I'll try to make it out to Merwin on Saturday also.
I'll shoot for 11:00. I'll be in a pewter colored chevy S-10 extended cab.

Crash217

May 4, 2005
well dang it... since i got my traler tagged today and spent the time unloading the overnight camping gear and throwing my gearbag/cooler/5gal water jug in there.... i guess i'll be at merwin saturday morning too :-) See you guys around 11! Black '05 F-150 FX4 hauling a White 6x10 enlcosed trailer w/ a CRF250X and XR50. I've got plenty of shade to set up with the ez-up and a 3 lawnchairs, so we'll all be dialed! See you guys there! woohoo!

oh, by the way, just so you guys don't wig when you see me... I've got black and red hair. lol

B

biglou

Crash217 said:
oh, by the way, just so you guys don't wig when you see me... I've got black and red hair. lol
Haha! Kickass! :aj:

I'll bring my EZ-up also. Agent Orange is a definite maybe, and so is my buddy Robert. We'll know if they show up! Oh, Yamab (Brian) is coming also.

11 it is. See you all tomorrow.

3SuperSports

Jan 13, 2004
I'm so P.O.'d right now I can't stand it. :bang:
I got everything loaded up this morning, went and filled the truck with gas and got gas for the bike. When I went to start the truck it took three tries. Once it started, I thought no big deal, it seems to be running fine. I got out on the highway and about every thirty seconds or so it would "buck". Like it was stalling out or losing power for a fraction of a second. It got worse and I decided I'd better get the P.O.S. back home. I need to get rid of this damn thing. GM is losing me as a loyal customer. :debil:
That Honda Ridgline is looking better every day.

Hope you guys had a great time. I'll try again next time.

Crash217

May 4, 2005
That sucks about your truck man, but don't go all import truck on us... get an american truck if not a gm grab a ford :cool:

the riding was good today. i put about 60 miles on my 250X mostly trails, but i did get over every double on the mx track a handfull of times during a few laps. so that was a goal accomplished for me. (i'm not an "air" guy)

I arrived a little before Big Lou and shortly after intro's we went out on the track for a few slow laps.

After a couple i went out to the woods for some trails. I heard a couple loud bangs coming from my bike and the front end just felt "off" so i stopped and took a look at the bike... OOPPSS! :bang: I changed a fork seal earlier in the week and in my sleep deprived after work wrench session i had only finger tightend the fork clamp bolts.... so, i took off the fanny pack and procedded to fix the problem and contined with my loop.

when i got back lou was sweating profussely looking as though he had been working hard or maybe riding around the mx track. we sat and drank water then rode some more. For some reason my bike kept wanting to dive into every entrance into the woods adjacent to the mx track and i finally let it after a couple of laps.... lou did not follow :(

After that stint riding Lou packed it in and headed home, I sat around a bit kind of bored until i spotted a guy with barkbusters on his bike. i talked to the guy and we went around the h.s. loop a couple times. During our second loop it started spitting rain. we pushed on not really carring as we were in the woods and the rain was refreshing. when we got back to camp about 75% of the people that had been in the pits when we left, had left.

That guy decided it was time for him to leave... again, i was alone... BUT not for long! I spotted a shiney ktm across the pits being rolled out of a truck bed.... with barkbusters. I rode over as the guy finished putting on his gear we talked, shared stories and went riding for 3 loops in the woods, this time picking up a younger guy just starting out in riding.

this was good fun. and the last loop was the best with a few fun passes being had between the 3 of us.

everyone who read about this but didn't go... you missed out. I'll be out there again sunday morning... hope to see ya'll there :aj:

Last edited:
B

biglou

Whataya mean"slow" laps?! lol. ;) Yeah, the track was in pretty crappy shape. Dusty, dry, dusty, windy, etc. Bike was pushing a little in the turns. About that spitting rain-I just finished mowing when that started up north, lol. Anywho, good times as always. Nice meeting you. 3ss will make it out one of these days!

3SuperSports

Jan 13, 2004
Glad to hear you guys had a good time.
I got to thinking about my truck after I got home, unloaded and had time to relax. It never gave me a check engine light, so I went out and started it up. It rev'd right up to 1,000 rpm on the first try. I took it for a drive on the highway and of coarse, no problem this time. I figure the fuel injection must have clogged up. I got some fuel injector cleaner and a new fuel filter and will cross my fingers.

Hopefully we don't get too much rain. I want to get out riding soon.

Crash217

May 4, 2005
whew! today was a good one at merwin. the MX track absolutely perfect when i arrived at 10:30. I met up with a couple people from the kansas h.s. series. We spent a couple laps up on the mx track then decided to head for the woods.

the woods, were not so perfect. all the water that had made the mx track perfect had hit the woods as well but none of the sun or wind had touched the woods. that left a nice 2 inchs of top soil that basically stuck to the tires and made using the front brake a waste. slightly hairy but still fun once you fell into a groove.

Did a moto on the mx track and that was some good fun with some good passes being had between me and one of the guys i had met up with.

the small grass track just to the north of the mx track was probably the funnest part of the day all the berms were hardpacked and perfectly tacky. there were a lot of fun passes to be had with the traction so high.

we headed for the trails again only to have it start spitting rain as we made it about 1/3 the way through.

I finished the loop and decided to pack it in. we had done 30 miles at that point so i felt happy with the ride. The other two guys i had met up with decided they needed another loop in the woods and had just came back in and headed out for another loop as i left.

all in all, really fun weekend of riding up at merwin. It was good too meet everyone that i met and i'm looking forward to riding with any one of ya again.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Sounds like you are a bit more into woods riding than the MX track. Myself and 2 friends headed down to Chadwick this weekend. WE had a great time down there it's a bit of a drive, so we try and at least stay one night down there, it's a little town south east of springfields, MO, and it has miles of trails through the mark twain national forest...

Crash217

May 4, 2005
Zero -- I've been racing at chadwick since I was about 9 years old doing the BJEC circuit... its a shame that they're having land issues out there and un able to hold an enduro there anymore, i've heard that a lot of the really good old single track is being shut down because of it and they aren't allowing any more new trail to be cut. From the people i've talked to it sounds as if most of whats left to ride out there is the 4 wheeler paths. :(

Bezdelnik

Jun 14, 2001
Haven't been on the boards for a long time. Good to see you still out there. KCriders group has great things to say about your recent make over of Jason's bike. Saw the pictures tonight. We need to hook up at Merwin again some time. Stepped into the street world this year. Can't get enough of the bikes. Call me some time, its been a long time.

Will

Top Bottom