Kawasaki 1989 to 1994 KDX200 service Manual Correction?

mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
In the process of adjusting my KDX suspension I discovered a contradiction between shock damping adjustment gauge and the service manual. The manual shows harder by turning counterclckwise, while the actual gauage shows the opposite. Which is correct?Is the compression dampering and other shock adjustments in the manual correct? Also, What is the recommend settings for stock shocks/springs for these shock adjustments for bumpy terrain?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
This isn't going to be any help..I've not seen the manual you're referring to...BUT...kawi adjustments I think are ALL CW='more', CCW='less'.

I'd go with what's on the shock in any case.

Recommended settings? I know that answer. It's NO answer!

The tuner that setup your stuff could give you a close figure. Otherwise, without knowing your valving setup, spring rate, weight and something a bit more concise than 'bumpy' I'll venture that anything anyone told you would be bogus.

There's a method for setting shock compression/rebound. The pro-action website has a writeup on it. Jeremy used to (mx-tech). Last time I looked, I didn't see it anymore.

The two were similar, the process being the same in any case. The pro-action site is:

http://www.pro-action.com/shock_tuning.htm

Basically, compression loose enough so it doesn't 'pack', rebound tight enough that it doesn't 'kick'.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…