evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
This question involves thumpers but I'm not sure if it belongs in the thumper forum.

I haven't been in a Kawi or Suzuki shop for a while but during the last couple of trips to the track there have been a handful of the the new Kawazuki 250f's around but they all have green plastic. I haven't seen a yellow one yet.

Is it that people just prefer the green one are is it that there are more of them available at the moment?

Just curious.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
:laugh: The green ones arrived at the dealer's first.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
The Kawi's arrived almost 2 months ago here, still no sign of the zooks and the last the dealer said is they were dealing with a little issue of losing some oil around the clutch case cover. Seems odd by putting yellow plastic on it, it would develop a problem the green one either doesn't have or they don't seem to need to address.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
My shop's got the Suzukie AND the Honda's in now! They don't carry Kawi. Side by side the Honda looks a little better. Better Bar, aluminum rear sprocket, nicer levers, tires. They both look pretty sweet though and the Suzuki was a few hundred bucks cheaper than the Honda.

ecka

Apr 30, 2002
Looks like Kawi was a bit checky in the production of the Suzi/Kawi combined thumper. They must have forgot to order the yellow plastics!!!!!!

Certainly in Australia the Green dealers have had about a month jump over the Yellow guys.

Makes you wonder what Suzuki are thinking right now about a so called combined manufacturing effort.

YardDog24

~SPONSOR~
Jan 10, 2003
Originally posted by ecka
Looks like Kawi was a bit checky in the production of the Suzi/Kawi combined thumper. They must have forgot to order the yellow plastics!!!!!!

Certainly in Australia the Green dealers have had about a month jump over the Yellow guys.

Makes you wonder what Suzuki are thinking right now about a so called combined manufacturing effort.

Ive heard its a little payback for Suzuki holding the Z400 back from Kawi in the quad scene.....makes sense to me........

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I also heard it was some payback cause Suzuki held out on the jr50's and some other bikes and quads.. I also heard that kawi is going too build there own 450f..
Rick

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Originally posted by YardDog24

Ive heard its a little payback for Suzuki holding the Z400 back from Kawi in the quad scene.....makes sense to me........

Makes you wonder how long this marriage will last if they are actually holding out, especiallly if Kawies are leaving the showroom and Suzukis are not. I would guess your preference to a particular dealer would be dominant in the decision.

Cant' be a good thing to be skeptical of what the other guy is doing in a project this size.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Yeah, at least they've both got a solid base to work from though. Although, I wonder if one company could hold a patent on "their" contribution to the bike? We'll see what sales do, but at first glance, looks like one company will benefit from this venture and one is going to be screwed.

Rockjockey

May 7, 2003
I hav not seen one Kawi, but we already have two members of our club riding the Zook offseason and doing well I might add.I'm anticipating the arrival of the Honda,should tell a story.

Rockjockey

May 7, 2003
Am I the only one that noticed that you loose the coolant when you change the oil filter on these babies?The oil filter cover seems to be the water pump cover also.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
A couple aftermarket companies noticed as well. They're already available. They'll sell just as many of those as Kawi and Zook will sell bikes.

Dan105

Aug 23, 2002
thats cool that the aftermarket world jumped right on it and are already making it. I wonder why kawi/suki let them leave like that

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
The KXF in the local shop has an oil fill cap that requires a flathead, vice the type you can untwist with your fingers. Do they not know better?

Top Bottom