Kawasaki green plastic

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I'm shopping for some replacement green plastic for a 2002 KX250. I want standard Kawi green. I don't want it to fade to a different color like I've seen on some bikes.

Other than original Kaw, what brand is going to hold up?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I've always been more than satisfied with Acerbis plastics we put on our bikes.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
the acerbis plastics that i´ve owned (not very much, but the friends say the same) allways get white with a little bend... so if i let the bike drop the front fender turns white... and the fit is not perfect... that´s just my experience...
next time try this brand and you will be very satisfied... good quality product :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sorry lucas I disagree with your comments. My black plastic has no white crease marks even though it has been tested several times, none to be found on any of the red Hondas either. I think KTM also chooses this brand as stock. BTW if you ever do happen to find a plastic part with white crease mark, using a heat gun can remove them. I've used this trick on stock blue Yamaha plastic.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
most of the time was in blue yz80 or 125 plastics that was in dt´s 50 or 125 (very, very popular bikes here) some 5 or 6 years ago... maybe plastics are better now...
it was just my experience but either i have to put new plastics in the cr and will have to be acerbis... i have nothing against...

thank you very much for the tip but last time i put a heater in my cr80 front fender it retracts when colding... might work on others, or maybe i just heated too much...

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Too much heat in a concentrated area will do that. Apply the heat to a larger area in a circular motion and gently twist the plastic piece in different directions.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
ok... i´ll do that :cool:

aaronnaland

Jan 19, 2009
Patman said:
Too much heat in a concentrated area will do that. Apply the heat to a larger area in a circular motion and gently twist the plastic piece in different directions.

I was gunna buy a new fender in a couple days but Im gunna have to give this a try.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You can also use a propane torch but that has obvious drawbacks as well, sticking with a heat gun is the safe option.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…