Kawasaki Service Manual Versus Cyclepedia Online manual

Jul 20, 2009
Hello Team KDX...

I have a problem I am trying to solve [cannot shift my '98 KDX 220R - will start a new thread after this one] and I'm wondering whether the information in the Kawasaki service manual [KDX 200 97-06] and Cyclepedia's KDX 200/220 online manual is redundant. I have a borrowed copy of the Kawasaki manual, and the images and descriptions are clear and direct, but spartan in nature. Not being an expert "wrench", I figure I will have to do a fair amount of head scratching when using the manual.

Has anyone spent time with both manuals and care to offer opinions?

Cheers...

DT

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
Hi DT, Sorry I don't know about the manual thing, but Provided you document and photograph parts as you remove them, it is basicaly just a metal jigsaw puzzle, not too hard really. You will need the torque specs for putting stuff back together though. And you will need the specs for checking wear limits and tolerances.
I completely dissasembled, reconditioned and rebuilt an old Kawasaki 250 I had years ago without a manual. I just bought a bunch of clear resealable bags and drew diagrams of what I was taking apart and put it in the bag with the piece/pieces as I took them off. Worked well. The main thing is to make sure it's all spotlessly clean and all of the parts are contained (so you don't loose any).

Top Bottom