Kawazuki or Suasaki? Kawasaki/Suzuki MERGER!!

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
I overheard some discussions at the local shop that Kawasaki and Suzuki were going to merge together and/or put out a bike(s) in the year 2009..... Has anyone else heard of this..? Now this could be a street ride or something.. I never heard of it but wouldnt doubt it if their sales or done... Whats your take on this ?

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Do a search on it merger and there should be a couple of threads on it with some links to articles. The Suzakawi is coming in the future. I beleive it will be on all there bikes. MX included. They will still market under there own colors and names.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
I hope they dont keep the same names after a merger. I can understand for brand loyalty and all that, but, the last thing I want to see is the same bike with different color plastics. What I heard wasnt that it was a silent merger, where both companies come together but operate seperately. I heard that it would be a "joint-bike". meaning, they would only produce 1 brand, a blend of the 2. I would think that would be the right step, since Yamaha and Honda have strongholds, and KTM is stepping it up. Maybe you could just choose to get your bike in either green or yellow? same powerplant though. I dont know.

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
The companies should stay indipendent from each other they will just share R&D departments. Now what that means a far as a Suzuki running around with Kawasaki motor we will just have to wait and see.

Top Bottom