DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
I just hope this doesn't mean the KLX will go the way of the overweight
DRZ400. Granted, we've all been asking for an update of the KLX, but we were thinking more along the lines of KTM RFS, Yamaha WRF or an off-road Honda CRF, to stay true to the KLX's great handling and light weight. The last thing Kawi needs is a step backwards right now.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Guess this means I was ahead of the times when I had a 600 ninja front end (forks, fairing & guages) on my GS700e....

'03 Fox gear - lime green w/ flo yellow accents....time to renew my porcelin bus license.

John.T

Aug 2, 2001
Green and Yellow bikes would look like really fast moving boogers!!!!
Heh that MSN thing says that Harley's are getting big in Japan, I am sorry but I cannot see A little Japanese person riding a Harley, It would take 3 of them to do it!! lol

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
The color of puke?

Seems to me that we may see a new kind of color. That would probably be puke! I have some fresh baby samples for color, if anyones interested......:scream:

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
I remember a time when Yamaha's and Suzuki's were the same color. Made them pretty hard to tell apart until you got close. The first blue Yamaha I ever saw was the IT, but that turned into the WR, which turned into a 4 stroke only (if you want a 2 stroke WR you now have to buy green -- it's called a KDX!

I'm not sure what made Yamaha change colors back then but big changes like that are usually caused by either an event or a smash success. If this were to turn into something beyond an R&D cooperation then it could certainly cause a change of color, though at this point they remain separate brands. Or they could pick one (if that happened my bet would be yellow).

My guess is it will be like they say and be similar to what IBM and Motorola did when they partnered on the PowerPC, each keeping their own differentiated product lines but still based on the fruits of the R&D cooperation. Of course that assumes the economy recovers because it sounds worse in Japan than here.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
The first blue Yamaha I ever saw was the IT, but that turned into the WR, which turned into a 4 stroke only (if you want a 2 stroke WR you now have to buy green -- it's called a KDX!

No, it is now called a Gas Gas 300 .... and I want one.

My first real dirt bike was an '83 IT250 in Blue and Yellow, sort of today's Hussaberg colours. Man I loved that bike, IT's were on top in their time, why Yamaha had to change the name and colour to WR white and turquoise I don't know. Mind you, I did get a smile back on my face when the switched back to blue and you could get a street legal WR250Z two stroke enduro in OZ. It kind of chaps my hide they now call a 4 stroke a WR, why not just stick with TT, those BLUE guys sure confuse me.

As to Kwakazuka's, I love my DRZ400S, and really want a two stroke enduro bike as well, was thinking of the KDX, or Gas Gas (which is based on the KX/KDX !) - maybe we will get a great enduro bike from these guys. Both Suzuki and Kawasaki make great bikes so a combined effort could work out really well.

Maybe you will get that great KLX, light and quick with that smashing DRZ engine ...... the glass is half full ... eh ? :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Maybe Suzuki (the smallest of the Big 4) is being bought out by Kawasaki (one of the largest companies in the world)?:think

Remember, Suzukis couldn't get much uglier than back in '92(?) with the lizard/leopardIi-don't-know-what color scheme!

And Yamaha, with their identity crisis. First they (YZs) were white, then they decided America wanted yellow ones for about ten years, then the USA joined the rest of the world with white ones, then (since the '95 race team bikes looked so cool) they decide the corporate color is blue (and we're talkin' ALL bikes!) and here we stand.

What color's next? Chartreuse? Nah, that'll be the Suzuki/Kawasaki joint color!:eek:

jeffg

Jul 5, 2000
Maybe they could be green with a yellow stripe and a yellow seat.....just like my John Deere? I'm thinking of buying a new bike and having one to match my tractor would be cool. Just think of the torque! Is a diesel hard to kickstart? ;)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
New colour scheme will be called 'SHARKY' , a mix between shyte and khaki (pronounced Car-key by the brits !) :D

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by 84XRGuy
Boy would that be an ugly colored bike!!!!!
Yellowish green or greenish yellow???

I think the line is,
"Boy, what color is that? It looks like a cross between puke green and p#ss yellow."
and the reply
"At least I ain't driving a field car."

Between Falfa (Harrison Ford) and John Milner

Top Bottom