Kawi 125 '04 Rear Link Really That Bad?

Slips

Jan 24, 2004
Pro Circuit is making a rear linkage for the 04 125 KX. Cost about 4-500 bucks!

The rap on these bikes is the rear link is not good and makes the rear ride high and the shock superstiff.

I have not noticed it at all but I am old and slow, and to me the bike is just fantastic!

Anyway, being bored and curious I was wondering if anyone has done any testing on this particular matter. I would gladly pay 150 down the road if the link was bad and a new one greatly improved the ride. But this Pro Circuit one is an actual works link therefore mega expensive. :ohmy:

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
hello Slips,

I would wait a little bit for a couple of reasons. First see if kawasaki changes the linkage for next year and if they do buy the new linkage. Next for under 400 dollars you can get a complete revalve for your ride if you don't need springs. i think that would be money well spent. 400 to 500 dollars for a linkage seems ridiculous.

Erik

Slips

Jan 24, 2004
Thanks Eric. What you said makes good sense. Besides, I dont notice it anyway aside from a hit in the back on some bumps. I have the sag set up correctly for me and the compression softened. The front forks I dropped from 15mm up to 5mm. However I went back to 12 mm and it turns and tracks like a dream.

The 04 Kx125 is truly a fun bike for me. Steering it seems just as honest as anything I have ever ridden. If it wasnt for the back shock thumping my kidneys once in awhile I wouldnt have believed the writeups.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
One local intermediate kid I know broke one of the linkage bolts that goes through the swingarm (04KX125) he was overjumping some big stuff . The linkage bolt was 15mms thick but the center is drilled for less weight . Wonder if its gonna be an issue . 02/03 RM 250 bolts are about the same dimensions and are solid .

terry hay

Nov 8, 2003
Given that the linkage determines a direct relationship between rear wheel travel versus shock shaft travel it must then be feasible that the valving in the compression adjuster also plays a major role. The fluid displaced by the shock shaft entering the shock body is passed through the adjuster into the reservoir. You shouldn't have to replace the linkage if your tuner is on the ball.
Good Luck
Terry

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…