MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Lou and Tony are about 60 miles from Salt Lake City. They had fuel filter problems and lost a couple of hours at some point. The mighty diesel lost power and barely crawled over a few hills. Luckily they stumbled on a Ford dealership and the blue oval boys worked them in. Lou said they had them in and out in under an hour. They are somewhere around 600 miles from Reno and are predicting ~ 7:00 pm arrival.

Lou's cell was breaking up pretty bad but that's what I think he said :thumb:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Cant blame me for the problems with that road trip since i wasnt with them. :) Hope they make it safely!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
MrLuckey said:
Lou and Tony are about 60 miles from Salt Lake City. They had fuel filter problems and lost a couple of hours at some point. The mighty diesel lost power and barely crawled over a few hills. Luckily they stumbled on a Ford dealership and the blue oval boys worked them in. Lou said they had them in and out in under an hour. They are somewhere around 600 miles from Reno and are predicting ~ 7:00 pm arrival.

Lou's cell was breaking up pretty bad but that's what I think he said :thumb:

Actually the bowtie guys fixed the problem and in record time I might add. I am sending a thank you note to their owner and regional manager this weekend.

-24 degrees F didn't slow the Duramax a bit. It took a bunch of fuel filter grimlins to slow the progress.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Tony Eeds said:
Actually the bowtie guys fixed the problem and in record time I might add. I am sending a thank you note to their owner and regional manager this weekend.

-24 degrees F didn't slow the Duramax a bit. It took a bunch of fuel filter grimlins to slow the progress.

Isn't that what I said? With the exception of it being a chebby.

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
What can I say ... Sleepy eyes see many things ... :laugh:

Everybody needs to drive at least once! Man, do we have a country to be proud of!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Tony Eeds said:
What can I say ... Sleepy eyes see many things ... :laugh:

Lol, I've tried catching up on sleep for two nights now and am still only halfway there.

We did the 36 hrs to and 37.5 hrs back drive for DW a couple years back and know what that's all about lol. You and Lou didn't happen to listen to the same CD all the way back did you?

I would actually like to make the drive to Reno from here sometime, vacation time is the killer though.

Top Bottom