KDX 100 Project for the Wife

So I bought two KX 100s. A 98 and a 2000. I am going to ride one a little and get rid of it, but the one we keep is going to be made into a trail machine for the wife. Here is what the list will include

Lighting Stator (already Got it)
KDX 200 Head Light
Tail Light
Liscence plate
Flywheel weight
Spark Arrestor
IMS 2.6 Gallon Tank
Skid Plate
Kick Stand- I will fab up one
Brush Guards
Radiator Guards
Regear- Rear sprocket to a 51 instead of a 45.

She has been ridding it a little lately. She can start it fine and it seems to be a much better size for her.

Should be a pretty trail worthy bike when I finish it. She is comming off a TTR 225 Electric Start. It was a little heavy for her. I think the KX is like 140 lbs lighter!

Suggestions?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
I would say kudos to you for thinking about your wife's comfort and fun on the trail! heck yeah its gonna be a much lighter ride for her than the TTR225 (of which I always refer to as a pig of a bike). You did not say how tall your wife was, the 100 may be a tad small, but probably loads more fun than the blue bike.

She is 5'4" and 110lbs. She has been ridding it lately and just getting the right size bike for her has improved her riding skill huge! Can't wait to get started on the mods. Have to sell the other bike first though.

LocoCD

Lifetime Sponsor
My wife rides an '02 with all the mods you listed except for the lights, we went heavy on the fly wheel weight. We also have a scotts steering dampner and some low tension torque reeds. It's a great bike!

I rode one with a 12oz flywheel weight and it was kinda sluggish. I also rode one with a 10 oz. I really liked it much better, but I am still thinking of putting a 8 oz on there. What do you have? What brand are the reeds?

Do you have any pictures of yours? I want to show my wife what the end product will look like.

Thanks for the replys!

LocoCD

Lifetime Sponsor
Carbon tech reeds and Steahly 10oz weight. Oh, I forgot - gold wheels too.

PM me with your e-mail and I'll try to find a photo to send.

Spent some cash today! Made a Big order

Ordered:

2.4 Gal IMS Tank in black
Moose Skid Plate
Works Connection Radiator Guards
Acerbis Minicross Rally Guards in Black
Renthal Mini High Bend Bars
Steahly Offroad 10 oz Flywheel Weight
FMF Q Turbine Core 2 Silencer
One Industries Alpha Graphics and Seat Cover

Hope it is in in a week or two I am getting excited. I am going to Fab the Kickstand myself and I would like to find a used headlight.

Oh, the wife also got a Fox girls chest protector and a tracker pro helmet. She is happy...

Got a KLX400 headlight in the mail this week and got it on the KX100. It looks rad. A little disproportionate, but not bad.

Also, got a new kick stand and spring from a 1997 KX100. I am going to have to fab the rest, but just having the actual stand will make it alot easier.

Kirby N. said:
Oh, the wife also got a Fox girls chest protector and a tracker pro helmet. She is happy...
Funny you say that. I get all excited about all the parts I'm buying for her bike. She could care less, she get excited about all the gear she gets to buy. :laugh:

At least your having fun together.

I got some parts in today. Got the skid plate on, Radiator guards on and a new clutch lever.

I will get pics after I make some more progress. Also ordered the mount for the kick stand. I will decide whether to weld that on or make some tabs to weld on the frame, then bolt it on.

Got the tank, flywheel weight and the lighting coil on today. Got the headlight wired too. I need to get a 12v voltage regulator and a tail light. I like the Steahly LED tail light/ liscence plate. I think I will go with that. I also want to get a switch so she can turn off the lights and make the bulkbs last longer. My wr250 didn't have a switch and it was annoying.

Anyone have pic hosting capabilities, so I can email you pics?

Made some progress on the wifes.

Got the Graphics/ seat cover on. Ordered Steahly's "standard size" LED tail light and liscense plate holder along with a 12v regulator. Also bought a WR450 headlight switch off of ****.

Got the kickstand tab fabbed and welded on. I am still waiting on the kick stand bolt to come in. The bolt that connects the stand to the mouting bracket has a shoulder on it so I decided to order it.

Also, painted the frame where the welds heated it up and also the new tab I added. Anybody know where to get some kawasaki matching paint? Closest I could find anywhere (including the craft/ hobby stores) is painfully obviously not the right color. Sticks out like a sore thumb!

I will take some pics when I get the rest on it. I keep thinking of taking pics, but it needs the tail light, handlebars, handguards and the kickstand still, so I think I'll wait.