Kdx 200 2004 Summer Overhaul Ride Report

tom87b

Jun 8, 2007
Welp,I finally finished. Heres what I did.New sprockets,chain,rear suspension bearings, seals,linkage,nuts,bolts,shock bearings, rear wheel bearings,rear wheel brake rotor,pads,oversized gas tank,.42 fredette fork springs,fork pistons,seals,fresh fork fluid,new neck bearings,races and seals. Rejetted from stock 160 main to 152. and from stock 48 pilot to a 45 pilot.Also set my static sag to 1 inch. Im sure this put my sag to to around 100mm as the adjustments were very close. Also new front wheel bearings, and the throttle slide spring which was worn flat on one side and broke on removal. Throw in some new shrouds and fresh decals from all the stuff I bought, and I think thats eveything.
Saturdays ride was typical florida trail and the bike was just awesome. The most noticable change was the throttle response at low and high rpm :ohmy: Never been that strong before. Blasting through palmettos was much more controlable and smooth. The tight stuff was much easier w/new stem bearings. And lastly, I was now skipping over those whoops that ate me up pre overhaul. Thanks everyone for good advice. It really helped. :cool:

tom87b

Jun 8, 2007
I think around 1100 or so. Yes it was painful in that respect,but man,what a differance. Almost a new bike in performance. BTW,the compression was at 180 so I didnt have to mess with the piston or rings. Im assuming the kips is fine too as the bike is a beast now. Hope I didnt lean her out too much :whoa: I was told they always run best right before they blow :yikes:

Top Bottom