gertie6car

Apr 12, 2008
Hi All,

I hope someone out there can help me spec the bearings in the engine I am rebuilding for my kxd.

I am rebuilding an replacement engine for the one which was damaged by the previous owner (smashed crank case behind the kickstart mech). I have acquired an old engine with a shot top end so am using the cases from this to rebuild the original engine which has a lot of work done on it before the damage.

I now have two engines in pieces and, having decided to replace all bearings I have knocked them out and compared them. There appears to be a mixture of bearing types being used, some seem original others not! The trouble is i don't know which ones are the correct ones! The bearings in the two engines are the correct physical size but there are two types - just plain ones and C3 versions (eg 6204 plain and 6205 C3).

I have searched on google and have found the following info on C3 versions which I quote

"C3 bearings are identical in size to the non C3 version but they have additional internal radial clearances to allow expansion in high speed/temperature environments".

"they can feel loose until at running temperature and speed" "they are unsuitable where critical alignment is required from the outset"
"unless the bearing you are replacing specifically says C3 on it then you should not replace it with a bearing with C3 on it"

The gearbox output shaft has a C3 bearing, the other retained one does not. Is this correct? should they both be C3 rated or plain?

The main bearing is a 6305 C3E is that correct?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance!!

Just found some info on the kawakasiki uk site, the two gbox bearings should be C3 versions but cannot find what the mains should be.
:bang:

Last edited:

gertie6car

Apr 12, 2008
Hi, after much messing around I have established the main bearings in the KDX are the same as the KMX 125 and they are specificied as 6305 c3, just incase anyone is interested! cheers

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom