KDX 200...difference going from stock pipe to FMF

copyguy

Dec 9, 1999
This is "copyguy's" wife...

My stock KDX pipe got toasted yesterday afternoon in a head-on collision with an XR 100. I just started riding in April and have really gotten comfortable on the bike. The guy who was riding my bike at the time is going to pay for a replacement; however, I'm having a hard time deciding on whether to go back stock (which I was more than happy with), or moving up to the FMF Torque pipe. Any gals out there added an FMF pipe on her KDX? If so, did you notice a significant difference? I just don't want to get too much power for my skill level.

Thanks for any help

4EverOrange

~SPONSOR~
Mar 9, 2003
Stay away from the stock pipe, the weight of that thing alone is reason enough to get an aftermarket one.

I don't know exactly what difference in power it makes, since I never rode my KDX without one.

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
As far as 'too much power', you should find that the FMF Woods pipe will make your bike easier to ride. The greater torque it generates down low will simply make it easier for you to ride over obstacles without needing a lot of revs. And it has very little hit, especially with the stock needle.

copyguy

Dec 9, 1999
Thanks, all. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and go with the FMF Torque pipe rather than throwing money into another stock pipe.

Top Bottom